[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you reading tonight /lit/? And what are you drinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

What are you reading tonight /lit/?
And what are you drinking? Red Wine Dornfielder, and Peter F. Hamilton's Pandora's Star for myself. So far so good... a lot of character story lines, but I'm enjoying it..
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Reading the beginning of this on a break from IJ for tonight because I'm 400 pages in and kind of burning out. Drinking black tea
>>
>>8502665
It's always good to have a back up "light reading" book on the backburner. I reckon, after this tome of a book, (Pandora's Star is 988 pages) I'll probably pick up something light hearted and short, before venturing on to the sequel and equally massive "Judas Unchained".
>>
The Gospel According to Jesus
coffee
>>
The Sin Eater's Last Confessions

Water
>>
Into the Wild (10/10)

vodka (soon)
>>
>>8502723
On my to read list...It was actually on my summer reading want list, but I kept push it back...
>>
>>8502736
It's very /lit/ (tons of references to classics (esp. Tolstoy) and non-classics), and a great character analysis

Then I'll read "The Wild Truth" by McCandless's sister, because I'm interested in all the family gossip too.
>>
>>8502681
Great book, senpai

Reading: Don DeLillo's Libra
Drinking: Insurrection Alewerks' From Chaos
>>
Done with some exercises out of the Cambridge Latin, which I just today decided to pick up. As someone who aspires to be a man of letters, I should at least have some scant and faltering knowledge of Latin, I figure. Will read some Leaves of Grass, and finish up Milton's Comus if I get to it. Drinking water, though I just indulged myself with a glass of Coke.
>>
Nine Stories by Salinger
Water
>>
A History of the English Speaking Peoples

Iced Tea
>>
>>8502864
Is Salingers books besides Catcher in the Rye worth reading? To be honest I wasn't even that thrilled with Catcher either...felt it was a bit over done, dramatic and over hyped amongst the literaries...
>>
>>8502891
I've enjoyed Nine Stories so far. It's the only Salinger I've read outside of Catcher in the Rye. The nice thing about Nine Stories is that because each of the stories are gathered over the course of a few years you're able to track a progression in topics and themes covered in the stories. The last two stories in this book moved into religious themes. After taking some time to review the characters in Teddy I found it interesting the symbolism in each of the characters as it relates to Zen.
>>
File: 150525_r26563-1200.jpg (242KB, 1200x1009px) Image search: [Google]
150525_r26563-1200.jpg
242KB, 1200x1009px
>reading
Kafka on the shore
>drinking
Peppermint tea

It's a pretty comfy night. My room smells like peppermint from the tea and the window is open so I can feel a slight breeze. It feels right.
>>
File: 1431011652744.png (181KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431011652744.png
181KB, 400x400px
>>8502949
>>
>>8502891
no, not worth reading. 9 stories is awful.Lost his soul while becoming pretentious.
>>
>>8502634
>Peter F. Hamilton's Pandora's Star
You still here? How is it?
>>
File: 41MVNKZ1JRL.jpg (21KB, 303x475px) Image search: [Google]
41MVNKZ1JRL.jpg
21KB, 303x475px
Reading The Brothers Karamazov

Drinking earl grey tea
>>
Polishing the Mirror Ram Dass

Tea
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.