[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

-24- "The spectacle is the existing order's uninterrupted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cmon_debord.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
cmon_debord.png
48KB, 400x389px
-24-

"The spectacle is the existing order's uninterrupted discourse about itself, its laudatory monologue. It is the self-portrait of power in the epoch of its totalitarian management of the conditions of existence. The fetishistic, purely objective appearance of spectacular relations among men and classes: a second nature with its fatal laws seems to dominate our environment. But the spectacle is not the necessary product of technical development seen as a /natural/ development. THE SOCIETY OF THE SPECTACLE is on the contrary the form which chooses its own technical content. If the spectacle, taken in the most limited sense of "mass media" which are its most glaring superficial manifestation, seems to invade society as mere equipment, this equipment is in no way neutral but is the very means suited to its total self-movement.

Fucking dropped
>>
>dropped
Why?
>>
>>8497187

Who is this supposed to be? Sounds a bit like Zizek.
>>
lol

>>8497211
debord, silly
>>
>>8497187

What did you honestly expect from a Marxist. Also, he's right.
>>
>>8497210

>And but so [932], it truly was just an Infinite Jestâ„¢
>Thanks a bunch for sticking around, you've just read the Cantos by Ezra Pound!
>>
How much Marxist theory need I understand before tackling debord / the situationists ?
>>
>>8497187
My nigger that book only drops absolute TRUTH BOMBS, the only reason it repeats "The Society of the Spectacle" every 5 thesis is because Debord needs to remind you you're not holding some pansy boy academic """""""marxist""""""" but the actual GUIDE AND CRITIQUE OF TRUE REVOLUTIONARY PRAXIS

praise the occupations
>>
>>8497262
>>8497456

I started out by having a spectacular meme. But more seriously, I was about to ask you anons for detailed reasons as to why you have such complimentary opinions about the book. This is intended as a neutral question, as opposed to a combative one.

But then I remembered that I should just actually finish reading the book. Meh, I'll still ask your opinions.
>>
So is there more to Debord than "society controls you through the media, wake up sheeple"?

I haven't read the book, but it seems to be stating the obvious, that plebs gonna pleb and somebody is benefiting.
>>
>>8497813

le Marxist Matrix
>>
>>8497936
Isn't that what I just described though? Again, it seems very obvious today, but I'm sure there's more to it since he wrote a whole book about it.
>>
Le spectacle bump, sacre bleu!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.