[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to reading and definitely not as good at reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: booklistlit.jpg (1MB, 1819x4347px) Image search: [Google]
booklistlit.jpg
1MB, 1819x4347px
I'm new to reading and definitely not as good at reading as you guys here on this board.

What book on this list do you recommend me to read by keeping in mind that it shouldn't be too hard to read since im a newbie?
>>
>>8497103
Goethe's Faust
>>
>>8497111
Is this a joke? Serious replies please.
>>
File: 1365475090228.jpg (418KB, 747x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.jpg
418KB, 747x1417px
>>
>>8497103
1984 and The Great Gatsby are standard entry-level novels
>>
>>8497131
>>8497135
>>8497118

those are good recommendations
>>
>>8497135
Thanks, I have read 1984 already and it was ok, I kind of liked it yeah. I'll look into the great gatsby. What about "The old man and the sea" by ernest hemingway? I saw that it's a short read too.
>>
>>8497143
Yes, go for it.
As to great gatsby, don't expect it not to be boring.
>>
>>8497151
If it's boring, why do I have to read it? Don't get me wrong, just curious.
>>
>>8497143
boring as fuck
the most accesible are:
a confederacy of dunces
shiddarta (and all those of Hesse for the matter)
blood meridian
watership down
slaughterhouse five
farenheint 415
>>
>>8497154
So you won't keep wondering whether people are right to tell you it's important, and/or so you won't have to ask for an explanation whenever someone makes an offhand reference to it. That's about it.
(if you're not american, though, don't bother)
>>
>>8497192
Yeah im european, should I read the great gatsby?
>>
>>8497195
Nah, if you ever need to you'll know yourself.
>>
>>8497118
Faust is an easy read and it's incredible
>>
Watership Down
East of Eden, Cannery Row, Of Mice and Men
Odyssey
Stoner
Catcher in the Rye
1984, Animal Farm
Old Man and the Sea, The Sun Also Rises

All good starting points.
>>
>good at reading
you're never gonna make it kid
you got way too many spooks to be coming around here
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.