[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on here keep a journal? What for? Feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 92166398.jpg (173KB, 785x1100px) Image search: [Google]
92166398.jpg
173KB, 785x1100px
Does anyone on here keep a journal?
What for?
Feel like sharing an excerpt?
>>
Without sounding to fedora/beta, I write in a journal to expand and explain my thoughts. To really let it out, because talking about "Is occultism a new age meme?" wouldn't really set well with everyday talk. Even to friends. I'd say it helps, but don't think you are writing some lao tzu type shit.
>>
>>8491766
>fedora/beta
Really depressing that such a simple joy in life as writing in a journal is viewed as "beta." Where did that come from, I wonder.

Keeping a journal is pleasant. Even if you only write in it once in a while or just jot down a few happenings.
>>
>>8491362
I keep one on and off, I have serious issues with anxiety and depression so it can helpful in two ways of stabilizing my thoughts without needing to share them and also trace my sense of identity which I find very difficult
>>
>>8491362
>that painting

Thanks for turning me onto Cliffy poo, literally never heard of him before
>>
I do, for various reasons. It's one way for me to write every day even when I'm not feeling up to doing fiction, I find that putting my thoughts into writing is a good way to clear them up and can often lead to great insight and reflection, it can offer some catharsis, and most obviously it's also a good way of keep track of my thoughts and feelings through the years (not that I've gotten to that point yet), as well as recording minor events that I might not remember otherwise. It's also great to write without restriction, in a journal I can use the sort of language or tackle the sort of subject matter I'd never use in conversation or "serious" writing and it can be very liberating.

For that reason though I can't share an excerpt. I think it's good for it to be as personal as possible
>>
>>8491362
tried it for like a week or two, would end up writing pages about meaningless stuff. Stopped doing it because I started gettin really sad and suicidal while writing, that shit isnt healthy
>>
I don't like writing in journals but I love reading things I wrote years ago, so I sporadically write things so future me can have a past me to hear from. I write a date and time on each entry, sum up my latest concerns, ask if it'll work out and whatnot and say see ya when I see ya.

I find notes from myself tucked away various places, bookshelves, backs of cabinets, and I read it and I see what I was and what I am now. Or we, I should say.
>>
>>8492042

same reasons for me I like to sum up a couple events each day at the end of the day for myself, a little stylistically, to work on my fiction I don't mind sharing Ive got many I'll grab on of the many

---

There is no couch in my apartment, only a futon that was always unfolded flat in front of the television. A kitchen joins the futon-TV area, that’s where Robert and Colin stand.

“How many times Kyla let you eat her ass?”

I’m supine on the futon. “Hundreds.”

Robert asks “How you get her to let you eat her ass?”

“It wasn’t like that”

“wunt like that?”

“I was just doing what we were doin. Look, it’s an objecively pleasant sensation.”

“Eating ass?”

“A tongue gently circling your asshole. To be tonsil-deep in a big fat ass and sopping wet pussy. It’s good for everybody.”

“Man why the fuck you talkin like that, 12:30 in the fuckin noon”

Robert and Colin get upset with me when I turn off the static. They don’t like hearing some of the real shit, they don’t understand people. I understand people,

“So what you guys do, zactly?”

Oh, now they’re curious.

“man everything I circle every hole twice, morning and night, with tongue and cock”

“Man you are a gross fucker.”

Static.
>>
>>8492064
No.
>>
I've journaled in the past but found it a waste of effort. for some reason my brain chemistry desires emotional memory instead of purely descriptive and factual descriptions of my life. what I've found more mentally profitable recently is journaling questions I have without adding answers, just lines and lines of questions on things I think about but don't really care to internally answer. might share a page of them if any are remotely interesting
>>
I used to keep a journal of my thoughts and feelings. Was extremely depressed at one point, and with no one to talk to (shut-in) I ended up writing to myself in fits of loneliness. I would rip the pages out and trash them when I was in a better state of mind, though. idk it was a rough time and my writing was pretty cringy since it was entirely me wallowing in self-pity and hatred for everyone else
>>
>>8491362
I have a journal that's mostly mundane things or thinking on paper. One time I wrote a drunk entry in awful drunk handwriting that was extremely self loathing. I like to look back on that every now and then and feel bad about it
>>
I jdo, but it's mainly just writing strings of words that sound good together
>>
>>8491362

I did, but I looked back and realized how writing things down wasn't as intimate as I thought. I tried keeping my journal entries as intricate and "thoughtful" as John Keats' letters, and it ended up pretentious and made me more selfish as a person.
>>
>>8491362

I keep a journal of sorts but I shouldn't share anything from it anymore or bad things will keep happening.
>>
Yup, I have been lazy for the past couple weeks but I have a journal I write in every night. Sometimes entries are 4 pages long, sometimes they're a brief list of things I did that day, sometimes they're drunken barely legible rambles. I date every entry and sign my name at the end in a different way every time. It's a great pleasure to keep. I like to look back on my thoughts, feelings and preoccupations from 6 months ago and see what was going on. I often return to entries from days where I felt especially enlightened or happy, or depressed, whatever. It's cathartic to slam the book closed and say "that was a GREAT entry."

Plus if I'm ever hugely successful, my life can be biographed. T. Roosevelt had a similar journal. You should have one too, I think it's an extraordinary part of the human condition for each person to catalog his thoughts.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.