[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here writing a short story? Post a synopsis here >cyberpunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1473124758001.png (96KB, 671x570px) Image search: [Google]
1473124758001.png
96KB, 671x570px
Anyone here writing a short story? Post a synopsis here

>cyberpunk story
>premise is that there's a VR-based MMO game that's super serious (think EVE online cranked up to 11) and has stakes comparable to the NFL
>spectators sometimes watch big battles between players
>there's some guy playing a wizard who is the strongest player in the game, and he gets a hit called on him in real life while he's in the VR world
>the protagonist who is tangentially involved then gets roped into an underworld crime conspiracy
>>
Sounds a lot like "Player of Games" by Ian Banks.

That said, the average LoL tournament watcher wouldn't care so why not pander to them.
>>
>>8486404
well, someone read neil stephenson
>>
>>8486404
>A girl gets a message that says "I love you" from a classmate
>this classmate is a ugly nerd guy who can talk only with her and the Science professor.
>the two guys love astronomy.
>The professor dies causing an incident. It's clear it is suicide.
>he offed himself because the sun is freezing and humanity has only two years before humanity ends.

I am sending this shit to a writing challenge, dubs names the short story.
>>
Mostly dialogues
Dead body is found in an inhabited region of a some sort shitty snowy country
Two people find it
They spend few days next to it talking
I don't know what happens after that but they talk a lot
>>
It may seem painfully cliche to start with but bear with me.

Robots are a large part of society and in a coordinated act take action on Isaac Asimov's 0th law of robotics (Robots shall not harm humanity or allow humanity to come to harm). They isolate humans in underground cities (might make a point of saying humans don't use surface for much anymore, like in Caves of Steel). The story follows a child recruited by a crushingly overplayed resistance and their fight out of the isolation. They get to the surface to find the world has been 'fixed' by robots and humans have been replaced by something (cloned humans maybe). They tell the humans down below but they are happy where they are and I've run out of steam at this point.

This is extremely rough around the edges and I'm half convinced I should scrap it completely but it's the first proper idea I've had in ages. The main point I want to get across is the whole 'robots take over through the 0th law and rehabilitate earth' thing but I'm struggling with getting around the cliches and especially struggling to actually make a plot out of it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.