[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about this masterpiece of contemporary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1444196931335.png (832KB, 1009x6647px) Image search: [Google]
1444196931335.png
832KB, 1009x6647px
What do you think about this masterpiece of contemporary literature, /lit/?
>>
>>8482466
someone get this kid a girlfriend to shut him up
>>
>>8482486
Perhaps the same could be said of all philosophers.
>>
>>8482506
Isn't it ridiculous that all a man needs to shut up is a woman?
>>
>>8482509
Well, it's the other way around too. It seems pretty natural.
>>
>>8482511
It doesn't make it less ridiculous.
>>
File: 1441165401489.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1441165401489.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
>>8482466
>masterpiece
I don't that word means what you think it means.

>What do you think about this
>blame the world and not me, nothing can possibly be wrong with me
>if you have problems, don't even bother trying to fix them because the world won't allow it
>people don't understand me because I'm different, please listen to this long post explaining how I'm different so you can understand me

Really, I can very easily latch on to at least three quarters of the apologetic rhetoric in that post to make excuses for why my life is the way it in some desperate attempt not to blame myself, as most would consider me a loser.

However, I don't look at my past for excuses on why I should neglect my future. The problem with /r9k/ is that they have given up entirely. "Nothing can be done, fate has doomed me before I ever got a chance." This is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The great irony is that the type of pleb you find on /r9k/ are the kind that can only be successful in life if the odds are stacked heavily in their favour like the normies they so disdain. They are quick to dismiss those that rose above their circumstance as radical outliers, freaks of nature, instead of role-models one should aspire to emulate.

These fuckers have no idea what hard work is. For example:
>Yet sports players that barely know how to speak properly earn 8 digits for running behind a ball, and others work their asses off for a miserable wage if they are lucky enough to even get a job.
This poster clearly has no clue how hard professional athletes work. Sure, they are gifted genetically, but so are thousands of others competing for the same 8 digit contract. The hardest worker wins and gets the spotlight while the rest fail silently.

tl;dr once you get down to it there is no more substance to this post than a fatty saying diets don't work
>>
>>8482560
Can you rewrite this without the strawmanning though?
>>
>>8482560
>The hardest worker wins
ITT we defend the myth of meritocracy, also known as the just world fallacy.
>>
It's a mix of ordinary bar talk and some pessimistic bullshit. The writer is treading water when he gets into middle-age and older, because he obviously hasn't experienced them. Many people move to a new city and make entirely new friends later in life. The childish normal/loser binary ignores most of reality, and most peoples' shifting fortunes. Lots of people find a partner and/or nice group later in life, and many leave behind the teen/college friends (seeing them on FB isn't really a continuing relationship). In broad stereotypes this has some societal truths, but it's bar-advice, not literature.
>>
>>8482581
>It's a mix of ordinary bar talk and some pessimistic bullshit.
Sounds like Bukowski or Houllebecq to me.
>>
>>8482594
Yep, and I wouldn't call them literature either.
>>
>>8482466

Stopped at the point where he attributed physical fitness with access to organic vegetables. I even agree with the overall premise of a person and their life being a total coinflip. He's just dumb.
>>
>>8482604
Edgy!
>>
>>8482466
Devoid of critical thought and filled with flawed, insecurity based analysis. The world is not just, but the /r9k/ types refuse to adapt to it. This is due to poor life experience; but it is they who also chose to dwell on it, rather than change and learn.
>>
>>8482466
Is this a litmust test to suss out if you're a normie? I must be, because this is some retarded gay faggot pussy ass whiny beta bullshit.
>>
>>8482707
i love how in English you can just stack fucks and pussies to amplify the meaning.
>>
>ridiculous public antics that they would never do and have also never made friends that way: go talk to a stranger at a cafe, approach someone reading a book in a bookstore, go for a walk in a park alone and start talking to someone sitting on a bench.

These aren't creepy I have had many interesting/nice conversations by doing these things and have even made a couple of casual friends.
>>
File: 1426393126915s.jpg (4KB, 125x104px) Image search: [Google]
1426393126915s.jpg
4KB, 125x104px
>>8482564
I see your point, it does look like a strawman, but I'm not really trying to refute the central argument, I actually agree that normals don't care to understand losers, this is why I never bother to explain myself to people, and why I have lost all my normal friends from highschool.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm mainly criticising the underlying mentality of shifting blame to factors outside of your control and how futile it is to even try to do anything about it, so you shouldn't even bother to try and change anything and just accept your fate.

>>8482565
You are interpreting that line out of context, try again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.