[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I genuinely want to know if smoking enhances the reading experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 3pNcxs8G.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
3pNcxs8G.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
I genuinely want to know if smoking enhances the reading experience at all, tons of (atleast post-modern) writers have experiences in drugs, I'm not going to just pick up the habit of smoking weed because Pynchon did it, I smoked a lot in High School but haven't smoked in like 2 years. I used to get really paranoid, but I only smoked with people, so there was probably an easy cure to that problem.
Anyways, has anyone here read while high.
rate it, dude weed laugh my ass off
>>
>>8478134
DUDE WEED LMAO

Now that we have that out of the way, no, not really. Weed makes it hard to concentrate on what you're reading. As a general rule, weed tends to make you pay more attention to visual and audible detail, but makes it harder to concentrate on plot/story/etc. For example I watched an animated flick called It's Such a Beautiful Day while high and thought it was amazing, but only realized later I had no real idea what it was about.

tl;dr, no. Watch a movie or read a graphic novel instead.
>>
>>8478147
I think it really depends on the book. Unsurprisingly, a novel like GR, with an almost impossible plot but constant visual stimuli, is perfect for a light smoke and coffee.
>>
>>8478147
>plot/story

Prose/story.

Sorry for the mistake, must be all that dank weed.
>>
eh depends on the novel sort of but i do it a fair amount

>>8478147
>he doesn't 420 toke it before reading the pynchmeister

baka desu senpai
>>
>>8478134
I smoke weed all the time so it literally changes nothing for me.

Since you don't do it habitually you will suffer short term memory loss while reading which is bad.
>>
Had a go yesterday, I was able to get more engrossed in the book than usual and had a productive session of reading. Particularly useful as I'm reading a boring reference book for my uni course.
>>
Depends on the reader. I get really introspective and want to use lessons from the text to reexamine my life. I get like a page read every two minutes and then go work out.
>>
>>8478134
rereading fiction and reading poetry is best for weed
>>
>>8478134
No. Adderall instead. Not instant release, extended release. 30mg. Everything you've just said is ascribed to amphetamines.

You want a good twentieth century author you've got amphetamines.

In order to become a literary godhead you must jump through the amphetamine madness hoop. It'll either make you brilliant or leaving a heaping pile. This is the way of all literature.
>>
>>8478848
l-theanine + caffeine is better than adderall and heals schizophrenia rather than giving it
>>
>>8478134
It really depends.

For instance I've never understood Nietzsche better than when I was high. But try reading something like Wittgenstein high and you'll crash and burn. At least that's the way it is for me
>>
>>8478894
That's green tea. The best speed of all time.
>>
>>8478134
Depends on your mentality. Last time I got high, after I finished my obligatory hour long fap session, I got an urge to read Plato. I read the entire Charmides (the gay one) while eating about 6 sandwiches and listening to Tangerine Dream on low. I rarely felt better about myself.
>>
>>8478134
Not as much as weed enthusiasts would have you think. It doesn't enhance reading, just makes it different.

Personally I find my imagination soars from descriptive language, but beyond that there's no real difference.

Also I read way slower
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.