[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good afternoon, my dear friends. I'd like to start saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1820x4348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1820x4348px
Good afternoon, my dear friends. I'd like to start saying that I have started browsing this board recently. I've read my share of books, but ever since I came here, I realized I've barely left the surface when it comes to literature, so I'd like to dive deeper.
I've gone through pic related, saw some books I had already read, but didn't really know where to start from.
Could you guys give me some suggestions? I know there s also something like "/lit/s starter pack", with Brave New World and Clockwork Orange and so on, but I'm not realy interested in those (and some of the other I've already read).
Well, thanks in advance!
>>
File: Classics.jpg (970KB, 1280x2956px) Image search: [Google]
Classics.jpg
970KB, 1280x2956px
don't follow the /lit/ top 100

it's a fucking meme

are there any genres/topics/countries you're interested in in terms of literature? I've got a good few charts.
>>
>>8475983
I guess I could say I'm interested in books from eastern europe... I really enjoyed Kundera's books, specially The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I do, in fact, really like there books with deep dialogues and relationships, such as some of Murakami's work.

But thats just a guess. I would really like to go further in the world of literature, any path is possible. Just dont know where to start...
>>
rolling for a new read
>>
File: Russian.jpg (845KB, 1364x3391px) Image search: [Google]
Russian.jpg
845KB, 1364x3391px
>>8476001
>>
>>8475983
>Odyssey placed before The Iliad
>Ulysses placed before Portrait

I have a little bone to pick.
>>
>>8476022
Would you perhaps have something that shows the deepest feelings of people, their thoughts, anguishes, resentments, displacements from society. Something I can really connect and identify with, from the bottom of my soul to the bottom of the characters' souls
>>
>>8475983
>don't follow the /lit/ top 100
>it's a fucking meme
I disagree, not counting Infinite Meme it's a decent introduction to literature.
>>
>>8476048
>>8475983
I would say "it's a meme" in that it doesn't quite accurately represent the current taste of the board, stuff like The Wasp Factory and Illuminatis were FOTM books at the time and now nobody talks about them. It's still a decent sampling of books for someone starting out, save for Harry Potter being memed on there.
>>
>>8476037
most russian lit is like that
>>
if you have more info graphics that are not aviable on lit wiki, I would be happy to see them
>>
>>8476088

If anyone has /lit/ top book charts from 2006-2013 I'd much appreciate it.
>>
>>8476022

Could someone with a bit of knowledge tell me if this is a good chart or just pleb memery?
>>
>>8476037
Not him, but also looking for something along these lines. I heard Steppenwolf, by Hessel, might be a good place to start
>>
>>8476168
russian here, it's a very good chart
>>
>>8476001
>murakami
You don't have what it takes, kids
>>
Has Russian literature produced any classics in the 21st Century?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.