[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a film and lit class and we have an upcoming project requiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Inherent_Vice_film_poster.jpg (39KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Inherent_Vice_film_poster.jpg
39KB, 270x400px
I have a film and lit class and we have an upcoming project requiring us to read a book that was made into a film, preferably something we haven't read.
I've wanted an excuse to read pic related since I saw the film, but I'm also thinking about The Unbearable Lightness of Being... any suggestions for something under 400 pages?
>>
That movie didn't make any sense.
>>
>>8473402
imagine the book
>>
Un homme qui dort

The book is <200 pages and both book and film are fantastic.
>>
>>8473395
Fight Club - pretty brief, also bonus alternative ending
>>
>>8473444
This guy knows what's up. Inherent Vice could be fun though too
>>
go with finnegans wake

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cibQA_LNe9s
>>
>>8473468
too simple
>>
Maybe Solaris?
Both works are great and quite different.
I'm talking about the tarkovsky version of course.
>>
>>8473450
The book was also much funnier.
>>
Solaris
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep / Blade Runner
120 Days of Sodom
>>
>>8473395
Is this movie worth watching for my waifu Joanna Newsom?
>>
I mean you could do that movie. Its entertaining by itself as a movie but its pretty garbled and theres no underlying message.

I'm guessing your assignment goes beyond just reading/watching, like writing a paper or something over it. Your analysis would heavily rely on how the characters and setting are the focal point of the movie and book
>>
>>8473886
It's worth watching because it's good. Don't listen to the previous poster. It makes sense as a whole, even if you don't get it exactly. It is like a book. You need to put in the effort. It is very good looking and fun.
>>
>>8473402
absolutely did
>>
Go with something easier to make sense of t b h

Unless you really really want to have a good time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.