[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are his best books? I plan on getting: Of Grammatology,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: derrida-2002-06-g.jpg (192KB, 1200x914px) Image search: [Google]
derrida-2002-06-g.jpg
192KB, 1200x914px
What are his best books?

I plan on getting:
Of Grammatology, because it's the beginning of what he's all about, the the speech/writing topic is interesting

The Post-Card, because it supposedly has significant literary merit, and is his magnum opus according to Rorty

The Animal That Therefore I Am, because some anon on here was reccing it saying it was a great read - I barely even know what it's about though; something to do with animals and vegetarianism?

Circumfession, because it's an autobiography, which is interesting in itself, and many people say it's one of his best

What else should I get and why?
>>
>>8472503
his best books are by heidegger and borges
>>
>>8472533
this guy got this right.

derrida = jewish wannabe heidegger
>>
>>8472553
heidegger = nazi wannabe nietzsche
>>
>>8472560
nietzsche = STD-ridden wannabe Stirner
>>
>>8472553
>>8472560
>>8472564
The wannabe sometimes surpasses the be tho.
>>
>>8472600
well Derrida sure doesn't
>>
>>8472607
>the reader sure doesn't
100% agree.
>>
>>8472643
kek
>>
File: 1436138691526.jpg (75KB, 585x946px) Image search: [Google]
1436138691526.jpg
75KB, 585x946px
Circumfessions and Marx's spectres

but Derrida is a sophist of course
>>
>>8472503
Like that you mentioned Rorty. Where did you read that?
I know Rorty mentions him quite a bit haven't seen that specific nod though. I love Rorty he's the center of my bachelor's thesis.
>>
>>8472972
Em, isn't the chapter dedicated to Derrida in Contingency, Irony ..., basically a review of The Post Card?

Also in his essay "Is Derrida a Transcendental Philosopher?" he says explicitly that early Derrida (Grammatology) is inferior to "late" Derrida (Post Card), and explains why. (I adore this essay. There are some great quotes in it).

And if you liked that check out "Is Derrida a 'Quasi'-Transcendental Philosopher?" which is a sequel to the above essay.

Rorty-on-Derrida is fucking amazing.

What your thesis about?
>>
File: Rorty-Richard.jpg (41KB, 450x339px) Image search: [Google]
Rorty-Richard.jpg
41KB, 450x339px
>>8473110
Ahh I have only been reading his pragmatist writings. My thesis is going to be on the role hope and luck play in a pragmatic theory of truth and hope they can help a community (deweyan) reach their goal.
>>
The Gift of Death is really good.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.