[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, I want to read more. I want to know things about stuff.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: hidethepainharold.png (156KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
hidethepainharold.png
156KB, 500x334px
/lit/, I want to read more.

I want to know things about stuff. I want to learn. I'm tired of being an unread dumb cunt. I want to know about science, art, music, history, philosophy. I want to be able to be relevant to conversations. I want to hear something and be able to relate it to something I've read if it's actually relevant to conversation and won't come off as pretentious. I want to learn life lessons and equip myself for the future through reading. I want to know about the world and at least understand it on some basic level.

What should I read?

I know this is extremely broad, but give me your suggestions. I'm not looking for modern day self-help garbage or irrelevant high-brow crap that wont teach me anything. I want to read with a purpose.

Where should I start?
>>
>>8472358
Go to university.
>>
Start here.
>>
>>8472363
I'm already at University and I'm learning fucking nothing.

Also Australian universities are likely different to what you're thinking of. We learn about one specific area and that's basically it.
>>
>>8472387
If you're not learning anything at university you're really wasting your time and money
>>
>>8472402
I know but I have a year left until I get my piece of paper that says I can do stuff in the IT field.
>>
File: 20160709_115145.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_115145.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>8472358
Find a list of authors like this and read them. Your school should have a library with everything you need.
>>
>>8472374
Oh! I remember this, I loved this in HS
>>
>>8472387
I'm a Britbong so I do know what you mean, but I was thinking humanities (at which you do pick up a lot more general stuff along the way) rather than sciences.

>>8472495
I swear the stuff I remember most in history is all from there. Probably helped that I read it at age... 8, or something. Sadly I only ever read the first book, though, otherwise I'd probably be king of knowledge by now.
>>
>>8472387
I feel the same way. That's why I've stopped going, probably will drop out soon and flip burgers. My advice would be to just read anything you find, indiscriminately. Of course by anything I don't mean random magazines, tabloids or cookbooks. Read the classics first. Anything you've heard mentioned with some reverence. Try for 2 books a week. Do one classic and then something you fancy. Rinse and repeat this and in 20 years you'll have read at least a thousand books.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.