[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a certain way you're supposed to read? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 300full-dax-shepard.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300full-dax-shepard.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
Is there a certain way you're supposed to read? I can't bring myself to just sit down, hold a book up, and move my eyes from word to word for 30 minutes straight. I just lose interest or energy, even if what I'm reading is interesting, you know what I mean? I have all of these books that I want to read, but I just can't do it. I almost never remember what the fuck I just read even if I do make it through like 80 pages anyway.
>>
That's because you're a sheeple, your mind and body just go with the constant stream of advertisement, stupid thoughts and cheap entertainment. You probably can't focus on something for more than 5 seconds.

You don't even realize this because for you, your life is playing on semi-automatic. Do a step backwards and evaluate what the fuck you are doing. If you can't focus on books then something is honestly wrong with you and i'm worried.
>>
You have to build up patience. Keep reading, keep at it- even if you have to re-read a sentence, paragraph, or page more than once. Start (pls no bully) with books that you enjoy, that don't feel like as much of a chore to read. That's how you build patience, that's how you become a better reader, imho. Think of your brain like an athlete thinks of their quads.
>>
File: iStock_000017157105_Large.jpg (108KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000017157105_Large.jpg
108KB, 900x600px
>>8469230
>tfw you don't have the patience to build up patience

fug
>>
>>8469211
try audio books?
>>
>>8469230
>Start (pls no bully) with books that you enjoy
I can't bully you for being right. OP if you're interested in gangbangs, read about gangbangs. Read what interests you instead of reading what you feel like you "should" read
>>
>>8469211
The part of your mind that concentrates, processes ideas, and retains them, is underdeveloped. It'll improve with practice, but it has to begin with an act of will. Then progress will happen after the habit of reading.

If it is as bad as you say, the moment you comprehend your brain's former inabilities will feel like a revelation, or a man waking from a drunken stupor.

Consider the idea that unexamined life is not worth living.

>>8469363
Audiobooks are cool but they are not literature.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.