[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did / do any of you anons keep feeling that you're growing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: c09_59915304.jpg (79KB, 1247x803px) Image search: [Google]
c09_59915304.jpg
79KB, 1247x803px
did / do any of you anons keep feeling that you're growing in mental ability as you're going through life and feel a slight sense of euphoria (inb4 memes)
do you feel in some ways that reading builds the mind?
do you read for pleasure or the later, or both?
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 783x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 783x717px
Yea and I read for pleasure because gaining knowledge is pleasurable.
>>
>>8464710
Saved
>>
File: 1453045907059.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1453045907059.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
>>8464631
It less a feeling of constant change and more a feeling of having "woken up" when you look back at different periods of your life
E.g. "boy I sure am a lot smarter and a much better person than I was n years ago." [The older you get the larger the number of years becomes since you obviously change much more rapidly closer to your birth]

That feeling occurs more than once throughout ones life and I believe some people aka common retards never experience it, those people noticeably lack any and all self awareness
>>
I reached a state of peace this year.
Wouldn't say I'm enlightened but my heart feels light and my heart feels as if expanding.

Have never experienced something like this b4 and have never met anyone in similar circumstance.

Without books and building upon the mental works of others I could never have reached such a state.

Reading is pleasurable and it also builds the spirit.
>>
Ah, the ignorance of youth.
>>
>>8464631
holy fucking shit dude
>>
>>8464897
what's up?
>>
>>8464897
t. insecure pseud
>>
Definitley, even after accepting I will never understand everything (or that it would even make sense to understand everything). Everytime I read a book and challenge myself further by it, I always feel a sense of growth from the person I was before doing so. As Hemmingway once said, "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."
>>
>>8465643
cool quote yo
>>
>>8464631
i actually started feeling inadequate, i feel like my mind is just doing circles about useless things, classified and thinking about every possibility and that i am becoming more of a retard that cant put shit on concrete thoughts.
So i feel like i am going insane
>>
>>8466656
Not healthy. You probably are going crazy.
>>
>>8464631
Yes, though you clearly have a long way to go, otherwise you would have perceived the tacit agreement among the euphoric to never speak of these feelings.
>>
>>8466809
Nah, that's just you being a literary edgelord
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.