[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>good at writing, decide to write articles for an eSports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Marx_old.jpg (205KB, 444x593px) Image search: [Google]
Marx_old.jpg
205KB, 444x593px
>good at writing, decide to write articles for an eSports scene I'm interested in
>pretty big scene, not as big as LoL or Dota but decent following
>good at writing normal articles, but kinda not enjoying it as much as normal writing, can't really express myself
>pitch EoC a new idea, satire
>follows through
>post my first satire article, at this point normal articles are amassing around 2-3k views
>mine gets 10k and is praised by many
>post second, blows up even more, 14k and more good feedback
>really good at it but want to get better, realize that this kind of style is what a lot of people wanna see
>questioning how I can adapt this satire style to normal writing because up to this point my short stories have been pretty mundane

How do I create an interesting, funny novel? It seems so rare especially on lit. Can it be done correctly?
>>
>>8462686
Most very serious depressing novels are actually funny satires. Like Kundera, Kafka etc. It's being done all the time.

Hell even the Pynchmeister is all about the funnies.
>>
>>8462686
Melee hell?
>>
Just read humorists and satirists. They used to be popular when people still read books. Check out Wodehouse or Kingsley or something.
>>
You can't survive on satire, people tend to get bored of it quickly. You'll be chasing those 14k viewers forever.
>>
>>8462807
What is the onion?
>>
>>8462686
Adapt it to normal writing without trying to impose a narrative on it. People forget that equally as important as writing well, stylistically, is, for narrative fiction, the capability to tell stories. If your kind of telling stories is journalistic, try to approach it that way. Read DFW cruise and county fair essays
>>
>>8462813
In a 20 year decline? they've cancelled literally everything that isn't their youtube channel, had multiple layoff waves, moved their offices to a cheaper city, lost contracts with CC and Adult Swim, sold their independence down the drain to fucking Univision... etc
>>
>>8462844
Still have over 7.6M unque users a month, I'd say that's pretty successful
>>
>>8462887
How can you life with yourself, defending Onion like this?
>>
>>8462887
Breitbart gets 31 million unique visitors a month dude.
>>
"I teach you the overman. Man is something that shall be overcome. What have you done to overcome him?
All beings so far have created something beyond themselves; and do you want to be the ebb of this great flood and even go back to the beasts rather than overcome man? What is the ape to man? A laughingstock or a painful embarrassment. And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughingstock or a painful embarrassment...
Behold, I teach you the overman. The overman is the meaning of the earth.Let your will say: the overman shall be the meaning of the earth! I beseech you, my brothers, remain faithful to the earth, and do not believe those who speak to you of otherworldly hopes! Poison-mixers are they, whether they know it or not. Despisers of life are they, decaying and poisoned themselves, of whom the earth is weary: so let them go.
Once the sin against God was the greatest sin; but God died, and these sinners died with him. To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful thing, and to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth...
What is the greatest experience you can have? It is the hour of the great contempt. The hour when your happiness, too, arouses your disgust, and even your reason and your virtue.
The hour when you say, 'What matters my happiness? It is poverty and filth and wretched contentment. But my happiness ought to justify existence itself.'
The hour when you say, 'What matters my reason? Does it crave knowledge as the lion his food? It is poverty and filth and wretched contentment.'
The hour when you say, 'What matters my virtue? As yet it has not made me rage. How weary I am of my good and my evil! All that is poverty and filth and wretched contentment.'
>>
"I say unto you: one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you: you still have chaos in yourselves.
Alas, the time is coming when man will no longer give birth to a star. Alas, the time of the most despicable man is coming, he that is no longer able to despise himself. Behold, I show you the last man.
'What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?' thus asks the last man, and blinks.
The earth has become small, and on it hops the last man, who makes everything small. His race is as ineradicable as the flea; the last man lives longest.
'We have invented happiness,'say the last men, and they blink. They have left the regions where it was hard to live, for one needs warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him, for one needs warmth...
One still works, for work is a form of entertainment. But one is careful lest the entertainment be too harrowing. One no longer becomes poor or rich: both require too much exertion. Who still wants to rule? Who obey? Both require too much exertion.
No shepherd and one herd! Everybody wants the same, everybody is the same: whoever feels different goes voluntarily into a madhouse.
'Formerly, all the world was mad,' say the most refined, and they blink...
One has one's little pleasure for the day and one's little pleasure for the night: but one has a regard for health.
'We have invented happiness,' say the last men, and they blink."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.