[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

If a man wishes to do something against his moral code, and really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1471072580993.png (137KB, 572x537px) Image search: [Google]
1471072580993.png
137KB, 572x537px
If a man wishes to do something against his moral code, and really regrets he can't do it because of said code, can you really say he's loyal to his morals or are there other things stopping him from doing it(fear of consequences, etc.)?
>>
>>8462349
you can say that unless his reason is not that he is loyal but that he is afraid of consequences
stupid question
>>
>>8462366
but if he follows a certain moral code, he shouldn't crave doing something which goes against it, yet he does. my question is, what is stopping him if his morals failed him?
>>
>>8462376
You can't control what you instinctively want. Your morals are what stop you from giving into every craving you have. It is what separates us from animals.

Example:
Pedophiles can't help that they are attracted to children, but a man of strong morals will be able to stop himself from acting on his urges, even if he knows he will not be caught.
>>
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47KB, 501x525px) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47KB, 501x525px
>>8462349
>>
>>8462450
but what if you really wanted to kill kill/hurt somebody, somebody who angered you deeply - let's say they wronged you or your loved ones. is the urge to hurt someone as natural an uncontrollable as paedophilia?
>>
>>8462496
I think the initial flare of anger and thought of revenge is natural, you wouldn't be human if you didn't have it (unless you are specifically and thoroughly trained to subdue those instincts instantly like a monk or stoic or something).
But, to stew on those thoughts and and let them take hold of your soul becomes sinful imo.
>>
>>8462349
A moral code is self-imposed. If he really "regretted" it, more than he values his pride or sense of himself as a man who follows this code, he'd just do it. That said, other factors always influence decisions, and each situation is unique. I break my moral codes daily: they're more like moral suggestions.
>>
>>8462705
Then your morals are too lax, you shouñd condense your moral code into a small list.
Mine are
Children of less than 8 years are innocent and should be protected no matter the context
Republicanism trumps any form of governemnt
Freedom of thought and expression are only subjected to suspense against a direct danger to human life
In a condition were doing good or doing harm to a person is the same for me, i always choose to do good.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.