[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book took you the longest to finish? >implying you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1466638234929.jpg (74KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1466638234929.jpg
74KB, 706x706px
What book took you the longest to finish?

>implying you've ever finished a book

For me, it was "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad. Boring as fuck, and the only reason I read it is because someone off-handedly mentioned its plot being the inspiration for "Apocalypse Now"
>>
File: We-the-Drowned.jpg (262KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
We-the-Drowned.jpg
262KB, 800x800px
Pic related, only because the somewhat episodic structure of the book meant I could read it over a long period of time, without having to keep track of very much. It's pretty good if you want to read about war, adventure, and dudes finding themselves.
>>
>>8462104
Heart of Darkness is awesome and not that hard. You can't read.
>>
The Bible, followed by Don Quixote
>>
>>8462104
>What book took you the longest to finish?

Atm its Richard Dawkins The selfish gene clocking in at 4 years.

I know you probably think im a dirty casual, but ive read other books in the meantime.
>>
>>8462104
Atlas Shrugged took about 9 months.
>>
>>8462141
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Took me five days. What a book to spend 9 months on man.
>>
Moby Dick took me almost a year to read, the beginning and end were great but halfway through was a bit of a slog to get through, so i put the book down for a while. I wasn't too interested in learning about whales or whaling.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.