[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people so often refer to DFW as being particularly physically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

why do people so often refer to DFW as being particularly physically attractive? David Lipsky mentions it in his extended interview with Wallace, and Franzen does at one point in one of the articles he wrote about him.

also, why did he try so hard to present himself as something that he wasn't? in his interviews, particularly those in the mid to late nineties, he comes across as being overwhelmingly self-conscious, self-hating, and fake. I read through a collection of interviews with him, and he was a lot more forthcoming about himself in a very real way in his first few major interviews, and then he very significantly stops talking about himself in any meaningful way, and often outright lies.
>>
>>8461608

Well he isn't ugly but isn't a model. I guess Franzen looked in the mirror and then at Wallace and went, "whoa, he's hot." He has a nice smile.

Franzen really isn't ugly either from some angles, just a bit odd looking
>>
Everybody's fake on the inside - humans learn by imitation.

Being publicly and transparently fake is, in a meta sort of way, as real as you can get.
>>
>>8461608
He was a a narcissist. Very insecure and tried hard to present an image of someone who was really intellectual yet on wavelength with the stupid general populace, hence the exaggerated affectation of seeming to struggle with complex ideas and putting them into thoughts, as if he didn't want to appear intellectual and 'phony' but "sincere" and not an ivory tower faggot.
>>
>>8461608
read good old neon

also he was something like a 9.5/10 in his late teens and early 20s but literally three or so pics of him from back then remain
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 480x640px
>>8461652
>>
>>8461608
>why did he try so hard to present himself as something that he wasn't?
his parents something something
>>
>>8461665
aw he was so cute
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.