[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best version of the bible to read for literary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1455319635551.png (287KB, 836x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1455319635551.png
287KB, 836x1065px
What's the best version of the bible to read for literary purposes? I was thinking the KJ but I believe that was heavily edited to suit the needs of medieval Europe. Is there a version that more closely resembles the original version? Also, what order should it be read in?
>>
>>8461479
Bumping. I want to know as well. thinking about reading the bible. Heard KJ was the best version.
>>
read The Jerusalem Bible instead of heretic fanfiction

>>8461479
nice pic btw, is there any /lit/ version of that?
>>
>>8461479
oxford annotated bible
>>
>>8461499
No because humanities-plebs don't even have the chance to get a job. It's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>8461479
>medieval Europe
>kjv
>>
>>8461582
*renaissance
>>
KJV is best and most beautiful translation
>>
File: cover.jpg (144KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
144KB, 1080x1440px
>>8461479
Douay-Rheims or Didache.
>>
>>8461479
KJ, of course. 90% of the literary references you'll come across are based on that, and the prose is lovely.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.