[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good method of learning a language without paying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1470662912628.gif (992KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1470662912628.gif
992KB, 500x347px
What's a good method of learning a language without paying for expensive online classes?
>picture irrelevant
>>
I speak 5 languages and Im pretty sure you can learn this on your own without paying for any classes.
Step 1: Learn vocabulary (singular and plural). Try to learn 5 pages everyday. This might seem alot at first. But after a while it will take less and less time to learn words. ALWAYS learn them both ways.
2: Once youve learned like 20 pages, start learning some verbs. Learn the present time first. And slowly build towards other times once youve learned the most important verbs.
3. Only start learning the grammar once youve learned the most important verbs and you know alot of words!
For this I would recommend you buy/download a book. As I dont really know what language you want to learn, I cant really give any solid advice that can work for all languages.

Once youve learned alot of vocabulary, you can conjugage some times and know the basics of the grammar start READING! Reading is one of the most effective ways to learn a language. Look words up you dont understand and keep reading. It might be a little tiresome at first, but youll improve alot faster this way.

This works well for Germanic/Latin languages, I have no idea if you could do this aswell for Asian languages btw.
>>
>>8461277
> alot
> twice
Put that on your list.

I would disagree. I think vocabulary is secondary until a full grasp of grammar is had. I dislike also the modern way of learning phrases.

(Ancient languages amateur.)
>>
>>8461033
Duolingo exists,m80
>>
>>8461277
you say you speak 5 languages, I have to ask. do you mean you can fluently speak them as well as understand with clarity casual conversation? or is it just that you can read it? I'm trying to learn French and I find proper pronunciation and understanding spoken French to be the hardest part. I know you're supposed to "immerse" yourself but I'm a broke bitch and can't afford to up and move to France
>>
>>8461033
paying for expensive face-to-face classes
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>try to read a book in your target language
>those unknown words will never end

The struggle is real because there is little instant gratification with that
>>
>>8461614
I'm the opposite because I learned via immersion. I moved to France for a year after only two semesters of college French, so now I can hold a conversation well, but my written grammar is absolute trash.
>>
>>8461622
context clues senpai
>>
Scrape together a grand and get on a bus to Mexico. Then spend the next month or so drinking and doing blow until you've learned spanish.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.