[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I move on from logicism? I have read TLP and Philosophical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Wittgenstein-1.jpg (119KB, 322x482px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein-1.jpg
119KB, 322x482px
Where do I move on from logicism?
I have read TLP and Philosophical Investigations, during that time Frege, some Whitehead and textbooks on logic, formal systems and theory of language. Can /lit/ recommend a book or an author that could capture my attention as much as the mentioned?
>>
File: Faggotry_forest.jpg (44KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
Faggotry_forest.jpg
44KB, 300x355px
>someone on /lit/ actually reads
>>
>>8460880
Well you could try 'The Principles of Mathematics'. I'm reading it at the moment. Russel has a rather dry style but it's interesting nonetheless.
>>
enjoy, or whatever you do while reading, analyticfuck

http://pastebin.com/bf5fZE9b
>>
https://www.marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/at/godel.htm
>>
>>8460973
will look into these, thanks anon
>>
>>8460897
>logicisim
Might want to reconsider
>>
>>8460880
Just read "Sein und Zeit" and be done with philosophy once and for all. There's nothing to read after that.
>>
>>8461335
There is more of a late Heidegger than there is a late Wittgemstein
>>
>>8461335
why should i read a conty nazi when wittgenstein ended philosophy
>>
>>8461346
I like to think they bioth contributed to end the nonsense that continental philosophy was. Now, thanks to them , humanity can put their gaze on the stars and the future.
>>
Saul Kripke
>>
>>8460880
Hey OP, how much logic did you have to learn to get through TLP? any recommendations for a textbook that would be good?
>>
>>8460880
Honestly if you enjoy logic and Witty especially, just dabble in some set theory like Godel. It's not a philosophical bend at all, but I've found that it's similar in vein to logic and can give insight on several base philosophical paradoxes (namely Zeno's famous one)
>>
>>8460880
>logicism
>Frege, Whiehead
>logic
>formal systems
>theory of language

You clearly fucking haven't read Philosophical Investigations
>>
>>8461714
And you clearly only read a biased summary. Late Witty had positivist, logicistic etc. segments too and Tractatus had its fair share of idealism towards the end. There was a fucking interpretation war about Witty for a reason..
>>
>>8462053
I wrote my MA thesis on Witt. You are pulling this out of your arse.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.