[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go on Goodreads. >Look up a book. >Any book. >The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (17KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 316x202px
>Go on Goodreads.
>Look up a book.
>Any book.
>The top quote is ALWAYS a shitty quote about love even if the book has little to nothing to do with love/relationships.
>>
the main audience is teenage girls

what did you expect
>>
Let's test this with my reading list.

Nineteen Eighty-Four
>“Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.”
Childhood's End
>“Science is the only religion of mankind.”
Slaughterhouse Five
>“Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
>“My schedule for today lists a six-hour self-accusatory depression.”
The Brothers Karamazov
>“Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
Lolita
>“It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.”

3/6 not bad, but not ANY book and ALWAYS about love.
>>
>>8460507
I'll do the same for 6 random to-be-reads or recently reads (I'll pick works which are known in the English world, so I'll actually get quotes)

Água viva
>“I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”

The Idiot
>“Beauty will save the world”

Crazy Cock
>“She felt that in everything, sublime or ignoble, there was hidden a turbulent, a vital force, a significance and beauty which art, however glorious, was but a pale refection. “I want to live!” she muttered wildly. “I want to live!”

Transparent Things
>“Perhaps if the future existed, concretely and individually, as something that could be discerned by a better brain, the past would not be so seductive: its demands would be balanced by those of the future.”

Zizek's Less Than Nothing
>“Beyond the fiction of reality, there is the reality of the fiction.”

Bad Feminist
>“I embrace the label of bad feminist because I am human. I am messy. I’m not trying to be an example. I am not trying to be perfect. I am not trying to say I have all the answers. I am not trying to say I’m right. I am just trying—trying to support what I believe in, trying to do some good in this world, trying to make some noise with my writing while also being myself.”

I'm really failing to see a pattern here.
>>
>>8460444
I wasn't able to confirm your findings, but my god those comment sections are bad.
You have, on the one hand, idiots who seemingly barely understood a single word of what they read, and pretentious faggots who think they're writing some kind of article, who, again, likely haven't understood most of what they read but think they do.

>For those of you who are unfamiliar with him, Friedrich Nietzsche was an angry little man who protected himself from the Mean Old World by swaddling himself in an exaggerated ego (and an even more exaggerated moustache).

>Rather than suggest that you read any or all of his works, I've taken the liberty of creating a "Nietzsche Book Generator" that you can use to construct your very own philosophical tomes, in the comfort of your own home!

>Just follow these simple steps:

>1) Make one or more completely ridiculous claims
>2) Cover your ass by asserting that anyone who disagrees with you is simply too stupid to understand what you're saying (aka "The Emperor's New Clothes" method of argument)
>3) When you run out of things to say, just write the most misogynistic thing that comes to mind
>4) Be sure to dazzle the reader with your endless supply of Latin clichés
>5) Repeat steps 1-4 two hundred times or so, and you've got yourself a "book"

>Then all that's left is to sit back and prepare to be taken seriously by a large number of otherwise intelligent people!
>>
>>8460724

Reviewes on Goodreads are fucking pretentious as fuck.

Why is every review written like a short story, or is a pseudo-intellectual thesis on what is usually a shitty genre fiction book?
>>
>>8460507

>The Brothers Karamazov.

That's the quote they think is best?
>>
>>8460767
By a large margin too.
>>
>>8460724
As always, only use goodreads comments if you are looking up niche non-fiction or genre fiction. Otherwise avoid them in favor of the actual recommendation engine, building your own lists, and adding your own friends.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.