[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>freshman in college, want to become more /lit/erary >decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: infinitejest.jpg (28KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
infinitejest.jpg
28KB, 300x464px
>freshman in college, want to become more /lit/erary
>decide to go to first meeting of school book club
>full of blue-haired harry potter fans
>the only books they read have movie adaptations
>the meetings are just watching the movies

is /lit/ just a countermeme?
>>
Young adults are just a plebby demographic
>>
>>8460084
Don't go to school book clubs. Even uni ones dedicated to literature courses are full of dumb fucks who love John Green and JK. Do your own research, thrive on independence.
>>
>>8460932
We made a book club at my Uni (and we were mathematics' students) and it was quite patrician: Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Dick, Oe, Boris Vian, Kafka, Dostoievski, Sepulveda, Kawabata...
I guess the point is making the book club with the people you know is not shit. It's true that other "official" book clubs of the Uni were shit (or too involved in things we didn't care, like the shitty dialect that is spoken at our city).
>>
>>8460949
>Dostoievski
It's Dostoyewskiji
>>
>>8461086

No, It's Dostayevskjy.
>>
>state schools
Why even live
>>
>>8460084
>In south America
>decide to go to book club
>99% girls under 25 that read YA and worship booktubers
>everybook is part of a fantastic saga or about young romance
>hear one girl said "I have never seen a story about a man facing a dystopian future"
>I wanna kill myself
>>
File: 1415735541433.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1415735541433.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Shit, niggers, are you blind or what? Any public club dedicated to art sucks. What did you expect, lads? NEVER get involved in those and may the bliss be upon you.
>>
>>8460084
>>8461126
Anons. These girls. They are so EASY.

Just fucking talk some big words at them and impress them with the fact that you've read more than 3 books in the last 3 years and they'll fuck you. It's almost a sure thing, as long as you're not disgusting and/or a sperg (and even the latter can be worked around - just not the fomer, usually, because women are shallow). Stop bitching about the plebians and fuck them instead, it's a much better use of your time. College is when women look the best, you'll regret not scoring some of that primo tang when you're an old bastard who can only get with with old bitches like me
>>
>>8461138
>Anons. These girls. They are so EASY.
this is true. You're probably have to do more than just talk big words though unless you're very attractive.
>>
>>8460084
Start your own book club where you only read literary material. See how many show up.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 565x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 565x678px
>>8461124
>enrolled in honors course in state school
>it's about philosophical texts and ideas
>we read plato, descartes, bacon etc.
>Seemingly most patrician student is a lolita memer with an effiminate name
>>
>>8460084
>freshman in college

So you've only been on here for about 6 months?
>>
>>8460949
>quite patrician
>Dick
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.