[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck Self Portrait im a Convex Mirror (the collection)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
What the fuck
Self Portrait im a Convex Mirror (the collection) makes no sense. Why is this dude so impenetrable?
>>
>>8456322

he's really not hard.

Hint: take him less seriously. take some self-reflection. imagine all the fun associations from his weirder metaphors.

Analyzing him like an academic is ultimate pseud. Not that his poems are meaningless, but different. Self-Portrait's long eponymous poem should be read ASAP. Enjoy it and come to your own conclusions.
>>
>>8456322

baka desu
>>
>>8456322
its just a compilation of post-structural theories
>>
>>8456322
Yeah, my patience with this board is wearing thin, but Ashbery's poetry is hands-down the most entertaining authentic poetry I've ever read. This board doesn't talk about him much because it's basically 95% frauds writing bullshit, but approach Ashbery with a sense of humor and he might just become your favorite poet.
>>
>>8457447
oh no his patience is wearing thin! we're gonna lose a great member!!!
>>
>>8457461
yeah, you'll be alright. but many of you are the absolute worst and this board is slowly cannibalizing itself. so yeah, it's been real.
>>
>>8457514
autism speaks
>>
>>8457532
Not him, but I personally prefer reading the warosu archives of this board than browsing the board itself. Good advice doles over long periods, usually a reiteration of previous advice. This board is a long and boring joke.
>>
>>8456322
i've got a first edition of this collection. I'm a big fan of his work which was only recently eclipsed --in my mind -- by Transtromer.
>>
>>8457532
Dude's right.

This board is useless shit.

OMG Pynchon!11!!11 OMG BolaƱo!11!!1 OMG David Foster Wallace!!111!1 OMG I read!11!!1
>>
>>8457447
>>8457514
>>8457562
I don't think the board was ever that great but it takes a certain level of attention whoring sperginess to declare one's outrage over it not being good enough for them. If you've ended up here, odds are that you don't fit in anywhere else to begin with as far as book boards and the like are concerned.
>>
>>8457447
No wonder Simic, Tate and Ashbery were all friends, they are all really funny if you stop taking poetry seriously.
>>
>>8458001
So you conclude that's attention whoring, but the 20 threads we get DAILY over which Pynchon to read or ir IJ is the best shit ever done aren't?
>>
>>8458007
If they bother you so much just filter them.
>>
>>8458001
I only come here for fast-paced discussion of my favorite meme authors. /lit/ is probably the most active literary discussion forum on the internet. I lurk other sites as well, including obscure secret ones you're not supposed to talk about.
>>
>>8458007
There isn't a single Pynchon thread on /lit/ right now.
>>
>>8457447
grad student having a mental breakdown

do not engage him in discussion
>>
>>8458007
it's not pynchon's fault ashbery has nothing to say
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.