[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of this novel, or just coming of age novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: perks.jpg (30KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
perks.jpg
30KB, 354x500px
What does /lit/ think of this novel, or just coming of age novels in general?

>inb4 john green

I am pursuing writing in this genre, are there books anon would recommend? Is this too low brow?

Personally, speaking on pic-related, and considering I have only read it once time nearly two years ago, I think it's brilliant. I am obsessed with the vibe he creates; hard to digest it's his only novel.
>>
>>8450278
Personally I am redpilled, proud to be a man, recognize male superiority, realize that all women are roastwhores who lust for Chad cock, and who are incapable of true love, being ethical, and being loyal.

If you want to see how feminist are BTFO find Milo Yiannapolous on youtube, he dstroys all SJWs.

Biggest mistake of mankind was giving women the vote.

Read Schopenhauer's 'On Women' if you want the truth
>>
Coming of age novels are some of the best books ever written. That book isn't though.
>>
>>8450290
help me get my feet wet, yeah? have any suggestions?

>>8450287
third-wave feminism is not an equality movement but I can handle the ones who are true egalitarians; also pussy.
>>
>>8450287
Oh shit, same guy here. I thought 'the perks of being a wallflower' was that feminist book about a women who is locked in an attic.

The Yellow Wallpaper or whatever. Sorry about it, it's because she's called Perkins and that reminded me of Perks.
>>
>>8450296
oh okay, yeah I was a little confused. I thought you were just shit-posting.
fuck a feminist book. no harm no fowl
>>
>>8450278
Perks of being a wallflower seems to me to be more about mental illness and coping with being abused than simply being another coming of age novel tbqhfam.
>>
>>8450307
alright well maybe i'm not looking for exactly a coming of age plot to stick to. I plan on exploring something along on the lines of social anxiety but also young love. I want to read what's been done already.
>>
>>8450314
Maybe you'd like Norwegian Wood.
>>
>>8450320
I have that one on my list, thank you anon.
>>
>>8450294
David Copperfield
The Catcher in the Rye
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Invisible Man
>>
>>8450287
>>8450296
illiterate nazi shitposting is the best shitposting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.