[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's weird how, when you start to read the novel, you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg (85KB, 295x453px) Image search: [Google]
Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg
85KB, 295x453px
It's weird how, when you start to read the novel, you like Ignatius, you think he's funny, and then, slowly, you start to hate him, because he's such a prick, and he's mean to everyone around him. You want to like him, but you can't. But when you reach the end of the novel, it's even worse: you start to empathize with him. You understand his struggle, his hateful behaviour towards the world around him.

I feel really weird about Ignatius. I often see him in my daily behaviour and I immediately get scared, I'm afraid I'm slowly becoming like him.

Thoughts on that character?
>>
>>8450034
>Thoughts on that character?
Nothing of worth has been written in the last 800 years and Ignatius sheds light on that fact. That reason alone is enough to admire him.
>>
>>8450034
HE'S LIKE /R9K/ IMPERSONATED LMAO!!!! TAKE THE REDPILL

HE'S LITERALLY /R9K/ JUST LIKE THE UNDERGROUND MAN, THEY ARE EXACTLY ALIKE
>>
>>8450324
not funny btw
>>
>>8450330
lol the average robot is EXACTLY like Ignatius and the underground man!
>>
>>8450347
you are a part of the problem with society
>>
I have to read this now to see if >>8450310 or >>8450368 is true to the character.
>>
>>8450386
I'm the first post anon. Ignatius made me read and enjoy Boetius. That alone justified reading A Confederacy.
>>
He's not mean in a malicious way, he's an extreme example of someone not fitting in, so his behavior seems rude. In fact I think a lot of his behavior is well intentioned, but somehow always fails to manifest in a way that would actually help others.
>>
>>8450477
this is a good post
>>
>>8450034
It was the opposite for me.
I didn't like him at first, I thought he was funny but inmature. But after the first page in his diary where I could see the world from his point of view I felt in love with him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.