[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: God tier openings to any book/story >I do not recall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1467414860544-4.png (263KB, 2328x2077px)
1467414860544-4.png
263KB, 2328x2077px
ITT: God tier openings to any book/story

>I do not recall distinctly when it began, but it was months ago. The general tension was
horrible. To a season of political and social upheaval was added a strange and brooding
apprehension of hideous physical danger; a danger widespread and all-embracing, such a
danger as may be imagined only in the most terrible phantasms of the night. I recall that
the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and
prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had
heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the
stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places. There was a
demoniac alteration in the sequence of the seasons the autumn heat lingered fearsomely,
and everyone felt that the world and perhaps the universe had passed from the control of
known gods or forces to that of gods or forces which were unknown.
>>
>>8449876
I said to myself "How is this shit god tier? This reads like Lovecraft." Then I looked it up because sometimes these hunches or predictions of mine turn out to be embarrassingly untrue, and what do you know: it is Lovecraft and it is, if not shit, far from god tier. Ha! I have read a total of one story by HPL in my life, plus a few quotations here and there (mostly here) and already I can divine his work. And there's noone to boast this great achievement to except you, OP, who will pour your frustrated invectives upon me for scorning your idol. Such is the tragedy of genius.
>>
>"From a little after two oclock until almost sundown of the long still hot weary dead September afternoon they sat in what Miss Coldfield still called the office because her father had called it that — a dim hot airless room with the blinds all closed and fastened for forty-three summers because when she was a girl someone had believed that light and moving air carried heat and that dark was always cooler, and which (as the sun shone fuller and fuller on that side of the house) became latticed with yellow slashes full of dust motes which Quentin thought of as being flecks of the dead old dried paint itself blown inward from the scaling blinds as wind might have blown them."
>>
Facundo's terrible shadow! I shall evoque you, so that, shaking off the bloodied dust that covers your ashes, you rise again to reveal us the secret life and internal convulsions that tear apart a noble people. You posses the secret: reveal it to us!

It's better in spanish.
>>
>>8449876
The music of Erich Zahn?

This is legit just a guess, I could have googled it, but then it would not be a guess.
>>
>>8449876
Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets. An unusually solid #2 in a series.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.