[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /lit/ I feel passionate about learning German. I have no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: standing-7.jpg (51KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
standing-7.jpg
51KB, 680x544px
Hi, /lit/ I feel passionate about learning German. I have no experience and don't know what is the right way to start. Are there any books or methods you could recommend for a complete beginner in learning the German language?
>>
Go to libgen and pirate Sandberg's German for Reading

Don't listen to anyone who says shit like memrise or duolingo, or Michel Thomas, Pimsleur, or anything like that

If you want to learn a language you need to understand its basic building blocks and structure, not have guesswork skimming ability in day-to-day conversation about
>>
>>8443276
I'm assuming he wants to know how to speak German, so Michel Thomas would be good for that if you can't find a German friend; you're right about the other programs. You should also get dual language books. Dover has some.

Myself, I'm using Basic German by Schenke right now and I have a Siddhartha dual language book.
>>
>>8443265
m8 just go read some Goethe
>>
People are going to trll you to get the basic grammar etc. etc. This book, that book.

I recommend getting basic sentences down via a book or meme apo, the going head first into consuming media in the language of choice.

Books, movies, TV, etc.
>>
>>8443346
This. The best method is to be inefficient for the sake of alternative.
>>
>>8443276
I really can't find any place to download this, can you help me perhaps? I just want to improve myself.
>>
>>8443265
lol is that a fucking German shepherd in that pic? haha
>>
>>8443617
yap
>>
>>8443635
Fucking awesome picture
>>
>>8443641
Thanks bro
>>
>>8443665
Got any more cool pics like that? Fucking post 'em then, haha
>>
>>8443676
What sort of things do you like? And can you maybe help me find this >>8443276, I'm useless on the internet and using torrents
>>
I got the idea from le meme language guy Alexander Arguelles but i was using an Assimil book to learn other languages and I'm pretty satisfied with what they offer, which is a thorough introduction into grammar.

After that listen to pop music or find something German to watch and compulsively google all the words you don't know. Or try reading newspapers or something.

I also recommend Jojo Sucht das Glück, and other Deutsche Welle resources for learning German.

I used to work for the super-shitty website FluentU, maybe their product doesn't suck so much anymore i never used it actually.

Good luck!
>>
>>8443599
no him but
a.pomf.cat/rqhtvf.pdf
it hasn't helped me much but it's mainly because i'm a lazy faggot. i think it's a good resource
>>
>>8443763
THank you so much
>>
>>8443725
Use tor broski.
>>
>>8443265
Take classes. Or attend an immersion program if you can get in.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.