[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been writing and reading more than usual this past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1456197191744.png (77KB, 694x801px) Image search: [Google]
1456197191744.png
77KB, 694x801px
I've been writing and reading more than usual this past two months, but I feel as if my writing is getting worse.
All my forum posts seem stodgy and constipated, as if each sentence is a rock-solid turd. There's no way any reader is digesting it.
My first poems were well-received (by /lit/izens) but their appeal seems to have gone downhill since then. I'm not sure if that means they're worse, but it's an indicator.
So much for my "talent" at English. I guess teachers have low standards.
I mean, I enjoy writing, so I won't give it up, but sometimes it seems a hopeless pursuit. I suppose with practise I'll learn how to crystallise my ideas in text.. it's just a damn slog.

I know you ktf. So is it just a matter of practise and being patient?
>>
how old are you?
>>
>>8442993
>>
>>8442917

>will I improve at something if I practice
Seriously? You made this whole thread to blogpost and ask that single question? If your writing is as self obsessed and masturbatory as this post, then it's no wonder you think you're shit.
>>
>>8443098
Well I thought it was clear that I've been practising and deteriorating.
>>
File: 1428643757774.jpg (108KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1428643757774.jpg
108KB, 800x598px
>>8443098
Stop focusing on being sad and how shit you are and maybe try more ways to improve.

Take some classes. Read more. Continue to write. Watch videos on writing, read articles, etc.

Time you spend moping is time you are wasting.
>>
>>8443102
>I suppose with practise I'll learn how to crystallise my ideas in text.. it's just a damn slog.

It seems like you already know the answer to your question. Tell me, what did you want out of this thread? What is the point of this thread?
>>
>>8443112
Affirmation
>>
>>8442917
Perhaps it would be useful to post something to compare. You know /lit/ will be brutally honest. So post or link some of your old work you think is good and why you think its good, and then some of your new work you think is bad and why you think its bad.

You need to find the root of the problem. If its got something to do with your personal life, /lit/ can't help you. But if its something about your writing, they can offer advice and criticism.

After all, you can't repair a dam if you don't know where the hole is.
>>
>>8442917
I'm sorry?
>>
>>8443115
That's all blogposts ever want. Validation. Fucking pathetic. This is why these threads and reddit are so despicable- it's all just one big circlejerk
>>
File: tumblr_o9u4f3moQt1qzhjh2o1_500.jpg (38KB, 454x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9u4f3moQt1qzhjh2o1_500.jpg
38KB, 454x604px
>>8443139
Insightful.

>>8443120
/lit/'s criticism is pretty shit generally.. that's one of the problems. shit or nonexistent. I do post in critique threads. These are me, if you really want to look.
>>8429092
>>8432653
>>8436647
>>
>>8444007

just retire now to save face later on
>>
File: 1464552258675.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1464552258675.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>8444586
this is what I mean
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.