[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> drank beer for breakfast and continually throughout the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: how_jejune.jpg (209KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
how_jejune.jpg
209KB, 858x536px
> drank beer for breakfast and continually throughout the day
> considered by many to be the greatest in any language
>>
>>8440825

>implying shakespeare isn't multiple persons
>>
>>8440825
He drank beer because you'd fucking die if you drank the water. Basically what most people did who could afford it.
>>
Therefore, if you drinking beer for breakfast and thereafter then you'll be considered the greatest in any language.
>>
>>8440825

knowing english beer and being marginally educated on medieval brews it was probably yeasty disenfectant water

that said got a good source on that, exactly how much did he drink
>>
wtf i love beer now
>>
>>8440825
I would try to get drunk too if I had to eat english food everyday.
>>
wtf I hate shakespeare now
>>
>>8440825

Alcohol is antiseptic; when you read about people from earlier periods drinking a lot of beer, they're typically drinking what's called "small beer." Small beer has a lower alcohol percentage, 1-2%, just enough to provide a much safer drinking source.

The Russians have a similar drink called kvass.
>>
beer is most /lit/ intoxicant?
>>
>>8440898

That's only half true. Many people did indeed drink "strong" (~5%) beer for breakfast. Witness Franklin's Autobiography, where he writes about workers in London showing up for work tipsy every day etc.

And of course then as now there were people so habituated to drinking beer that they were not getting drunk, even drinking a lot. Though I'm sure they were duller.
>>
bill was a microbrewery type guy
>>
>>8440833

I don't want to be shitty but that's not actually true, it's an urban legend. Water was fine. Beer in that era was equivalent to kvass today, very low ABV and people drank it like Southerners drink sweet tea.
>>
File: signatures.gif (8KB, 374x265px) Image search: [Google]
signatures.gif
8KB, 374x265px
>couldn't sign his own name
>people still believe he wrote all those plays

lrn2edwarddevere, dumbass
>>
>>8441517
OMG haha!
will shakspeare ever recover??
>>
>>8441545
>dat counterargument
will i ever recover??
>>
>>8440825
> considered by many to be the greatest in any language

those "considerations" come from the people of his motherland and other Anglo-centric countries.

IMO he ight
>>
>>8440835
Spotted the statistics major
>>
>>8441680
>a statistician wouldn't throw away shakespeare as an outlier
spotted the person who's never taken statistics
>>
>>8440825
Who cares? I drink whiskey and down some poetry when I'm getting wasted
>>
>>8441695
Exactly. Morning beer may actually help writing or it may not; there are too many variables (talent, living area, time, diet, etc.) for any correlation to be established with scientific rigor. This is one of the biggest problems with humanities today: pretending to be sciences ulby using statistics.

TLDR: you're probably right, statistics is still bullshit.
>>
>>8441517
he just co-wrote with thomas middleton
>>
Shakespeare was an African-American Transwoman.
>>
>>8441864
>Morning beer may actually help writing or it may not; there are too many variables (talent, living area, time, diet, etc.) for any correlation to be established with scientific rigor.
what the fuck am I reading
correlations are observed not established
you probabbly don't know the difference between correlation and causation
>>
>>8442350
Someone has been linking /mu/ threads here.

>>>8380085
>>
>>8441010
It's half true. You wouldn't die from water -- people had fountains for drinking -- it was just pretty shit.
>>
He also smoked weed. Based shakes.

Source: Guardian.com
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.