[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good reads on dealing with misanthropy? I don't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: g.jpg (147KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
147KB, 1000x1000px
Any good reads on dealing with misanthropy?

I don't want to feel this way, I don't want to idealize people only to then feel disappointed and disgusted later.
How do I accept people as flawed and nasty creatures yet love them and help them?
>>
>>8439055
The Holy Bible, especially the New Testament
>>
>>8439055
Misanthropy is for ohsoedgy teens.
A mixture of filanthropy and neutrality about the human race is the truth.
If you can't accept that people are flawed and do things that you don't like then you have a pretty big ego and you should fix yourself.
>>
>>8439125
>Misanthropy is for ohsoedgy teens.
Within environmentalism and animal rights misanthropy is extremely common.
>>
>>8439125
>If you can't accept that people are flawed and do things that you don't like

I can accept that. But then it's harder for me to get motivated and care about people.
>>
>>8439129
it makes no logical sense, though. Values that underpin environmentalism/animal rights are *human* values. Rights are a *human* concept as is the appreciation of nature
>>
File: shag.png (497KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
shag.png
497KB, 800x800px
>>8439055
Misanthorpy seems from false expectations from your peers. Recongize humans as a race of selfish rats who are complacent beyond belief and you will learn to be content with such creatures.
That or listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCVLSN-GcNY
Doesn't it make you happy? Makes me happy.
>>
Why do you idealize people, who are they?

What makes you feel disappointed or disgusted by them?

Were you unjustly treated by friends or family?

What makes someone a misanthropist and are they theis way because they hold too high expectations?
>>
>>8439125
>If you can't accept that people are flawed and do things that you don't like
No.
Misanthropy comes from the thought that society as a group realizes what is less favorable for them as a group. This goes well beyond the "stop liking what I don't like" meme - it can stand for any ethical system the misanthrope stands, not disliking others because they don't share his beliefs, but because they agree on the eventual final state of affairs (ideal) but the consequences of their actions are beyond any activity the misanthrope can take part of to make closer to the ideal or at the very least it less worse than it is.
>>
>>8439125
>A mixture of filanthropy and neutrality about the human race is the truth.
"This is the truth"
how fucking retarded are you?
>>
The Conspiracy Against The Human Race is a fun little read on this topic.
>>
>>8439055

People will disappoint and fulfill you in turn. There is no consistency.
>>
Read some naturalist fiction, I guess. People re garbage. Get used to it.
>>
>>8439129
>environmentalism and animal rights
>ohsoedgy teens
Seems right.
>>
>>8439125
>filanthropy
>>
>>8439224
I'd have to disagree with you. Human values have evolved beyond simple self concern.

I'd argue that the fact that we are able to show concern for forms of life besides humans that we are advancing our interests and morality in a good way. Of course, if its between the survival of humanity and the survival of an ant colony, humanity should be our first concern. But in a general sense, I think we have become sufficiently advanced to where we can have concern for things beyond necessity.

Allowing protection to animals and our environment is not a sign of human weakness, but rather of human power. We are so advanced, we can begin to spread our concerns beyond our own dealings. Further, this is necessitated by our harsh treatment of our world. Certainly it is ours to do with as we please, but being we are an advanced species, one must also realize that this carries a certain reprehensibility. This is our home, we must care for it and the creatures which live beside us.

Does this make me a hippie, or dictate that I shouldn't eat meat? No, simply that I must be concerned with the overall well being of my planet.

Environmentalism/ animal rights are the direct results of human nature.
>>
>>8439125
>the truth
>you have a pretty big ego and you should fix yourself

How about you fix your own self following these thirteen easy steps.
>>
>>8439125
>filanthropy and neutrality
That's my filosophy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.