[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any books you consider life-changing? Or all of self-help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: foto_no_exif.jpg (489KB, 1000x1660px) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif.jpg
489KB, 1000x1660px
Any books you consider life-changing? Or all of self-help books are bs?
>>
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>8438949
\thread
>>
File: antifragile man.jpg (21KB, 278x236px) Image search: [Google]
antifragile man.jpg
21KB, 278x236px
>>8438943
>Any books you consider life-changing?
Antifragile and a book on aging and food.

Scientific books in particular, namely those on cognitive bias, ecosystems and evolution as well as complex systems. The latter which Taleb the author of antifragile uses to mold and back up his ideas.
>>
Are you talking life-changing literally or as a figure of speech?

Most people won't make drastic changes to their life because they're won't admit that they have the power to do so. Reading a book won't help them because they want the book to magically make the change for them. Why do you think The Secret was so popular?

If you just mean books that can make a positive change, there are many, but it depends on what you're struggling with.
>>
>>8438943
das Kapital - Karl Marx
>>
>>8438943
As for books that generally changed my life, I'd probably pin down Borges' Ficciones and Tractatus

Self help books are usually god awful but I've heard from MBAs that they're helpful sometimes
>>
>>8438943
HTWFIP is just common sense with examples from famous people. If you want to know what it's all about, look at the principles on Wikipedia.
>>
>>8438943
If that piece of shit actually changed your life you must not have much of one.
>>
All self-help books were made obsolete with the invention of thinking.
>>
>>8438943
>>8439108
>>8439293

gaddis completely BTFOs carnegie in recognitions
>>
The Bible
>>
The Tartar Steppe by Dino Buzzati
>>
>>8438943
Man it depends
If you're a beta faggot like I was no more Mr nice guy will change u overnight. If you're nervous around girls models and book of Pook will make sure u at least have the balls to look them in the eye and say hi
>>
In terms of self-help books, George Leonard's Mastery is pretty great. It provides no shortcuts and no bullshit, and its lessons can be applied to the learning of any discipline.
>>
My diary desu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.