[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I do good? Went to Barnes and Noble and was impressed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Snapchat-6690894987348556869.jpg (619KB, 1080x1794px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6690894987348556869.jpg
619KB, 1080x1794px
Did I do good? Went to Barnes and Noble and was impressed with their philosophy section.

Seneca - letters from a stoic (I loved meditations so I thought this was the next step)
Satre - existentialism is a humanism (introduction to existentialism I think)
Arthur Schopenhauer - essays and aphorisms (my favorite philosopher after reading a small introduction to him so I thought I would enjoy his work)
Albert Camus - lyrical and essays (maybe my favorite philosopher behind Schopenhauer)

Then some comedy book about philosophers sucking at love and how miserable their love life's were.
>>
>>8438903
>Went to Barnes and Noble and was impressed with their philosophy section.

Literally every Barnes and Noble I've been to, their philosophy section has been: those shite pop philosophy books, Kant, Kierkegaard, Plato, Nietzche and Ayn Rand.

You must live near a college campus or something.
>>
File: väkivalta.jpg (231KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
väkivalta.jpg
231KB, 640x480px
>>8438933
>in Finland
>biggest bookstore chain has a "psychology/philosophy" shelf
>almost everything is horrible pop phil/psych, self-help and Sun Tzu
in the middle of it all, in fitting company, I find this
>>
>>8438946
Violence has been so far the best Zizek I've read aside from perhaps, Demanding the Impossible. It's his most accessible book.
>>
>>8438962
It is definitely his "best" in a way. It combines a lot of what is actually important in his politics with still being one of his lighter, more fun books. It won't give you his Lacanian or Hegelian theory in full, though.
>>
>>8438969

>It won't give you his Lacanian or Hegelian """"""theory""""" in full, though.

Thank fuck.
>>
>>8438903
And I bet you paid 4 times what you would have paid had you ordered online.
>>
>>8438903
>Then some comedy book about philosophers sucking at love and how miserable their love life's were.

Name of said book?
>>
>>8439197
https://www.amazon.com/Great-Philosophers-Who-Failed-Love/dp/0061969818
>>
Degenerate.
>>
>>8438903
Only if you're a man
>>
>>8438903
How's the plug?
>>
>>8438946
suomi :DDDD
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.