[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A traffic jam when you're already late >A no-smoking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: dallasfortworth.jpg (150KB, 529x692px) Image search: [Google]
dallasfortworth.jpg
150KB, 529x692px
>A traffic jam when you're already late
>A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
>It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
>It's meeting the man of my dreams
>and then meeting his beautiful wife
>And isn't it Ironic, don't you think
>A little too ironic, and yeah I really do think

What did he mean by this?
>>
The mockery you exhibit in this post is symptomatic of the kind of cynical detachment he criticised - ironically.
>>
>>8437010
Would it be worse to meet the man of your dreams with a beautiful wife who you know he won't leave but doesn't really love so you can booty call him for meaningless sex; or for the man of your dreams to have an ugly wife that he truly is devoted to leaving you knowing you will never have that which you desire?
>>
>>8437031
hey man come on it's a thursday night and i've made one or two good posts already i think i'm entitled to a little shitpost without being turned into some pomo strawman

I think that's the capital P Problem with Wallacites: you take this kind of shit too seriously. It's all in good nature man

It's just a little jest :)
>>
File: f-p.gif (324KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
f-p.gif
324KB, 500x270px
>>8437010
if I didn't know what irony was, that would be what I'd call this post
>>
>>8437054
Hmm that's quite the quandary anon.

I think I'd go for the latter. The former would just be ultimately unsatisfying and you can glean something from the latter experience: like, you know, where are you getting the idea that you are better than this guy's wife just cuz she's a little bit of a boot. Maybe she's got a better personality. It's humbling, dig?
>>
>>8437061
>Wallacites
>just a little jest
Isn't it ironic don't you think?
>>
>>8437076
I still feel like I'd ultimately feel better with the dream guy being unhappy. Sisyphus gets all the imaginary happiness, soul mate gets to be ultimately unfulfilled. C'est la vie.
>>
>>8437078
a little TOO ironic, and yeah I really DO think ;D
>>
>>8437087
But surely what you really want is your own happiness, not his unhappiness?

Meaningless sex w/ the the dream man might be nice at first but ultimately it won't be enough.

It's a cliche, but i think there's some truth to the idea that you're better of not having what you want, than having just a little part of it, enough to guess what it'd be like to have the whole thing, but to also be completely locked out of getting it in actuality.

You'll be unhappy both ways, but in the first instance, there's an awareness of what the condition of happiness would be like that would make your condition of unhappiness unbearable even if it started off better, y'know?
>>
>>8437010
is that john green in disguise
>>
do i have to finish this book to come to this site?
>>
>>8438179
if you dont like the book, that' fine; youre just a pleb.

but if you cant force yourself to read the book just to be able to appreciate the genius and the book's contribution to western canon, then you truly lack fortitude and should probably go back to reading twilight and glamour
>>
>>8438385
ill just watch the movies
>>
>>8437010
Alanis was his waifu back in the 90's
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.