[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys read Steven Pressfield's Nobody wants to read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: stevens.jpg (699KB, 776x1152px) Image search: [Google]
stevens.jpg
699KB, 776x1152px
Did you guys read Steven Pressfield's Nobody wants to read your shit? What did you think about it?

Also, would you guys have an epub of it?
>>
Cliff pls go
>>
>>8436327
I really wanted the epub though.
>>
I don't want to read his shit.
>>
>>8436322
Epub is too damn slow on my computer. Pdf is the way to go mang.
>>
File: pressfield.png (39KB, 462x394px) Image search: [Google]
pressfield.png
39KB, 462x394px
>>8436322
It's great if you're looking for tips on structure or how to tell a story. It's direct and clean, Pressfield tells everything based on his career as an advertiser, a screenplay writer, a fiction and nonfiction writer and even as a self help writer. I think this can be helpful for people who spent a lot of their time doing experimental shit and trying to be authentic and is getting nowhere. It's a punch in your ego's face. On the other hand, he doesn't talk about prose itself, so if you're looking for style tips, this isn't for you. Again, he gives really straight forward and useful concepts for you to entertain your readers (that's what you want, right?). It's definetely worth a read.
>>
>>8437933
>It's great if you're looking for tips on structure or how to tell a story.

I'm not.

>I think this can be helpful for people who spent a lot of their time doing experimental shit and trying to be authentic and is getting nowhere.

It's "authentic" enough for me, whatever the fuck that's even supposed to mean.

>It's a punch in your ego's face.

You mean like every other sanctimonious hack who wants to dole out the same banal platitudes about how you should feel worthless unless you write as though it was a construction job?

Thanks but no thanks. It sounds godawful.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.