[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading any Christian religious text other than the complete,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (307KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307KB, 800x600px
>reading any Christian religious text other than the complete, infallible, and perfect word of God which is only to be found in the King James Bible

How can you plebs even justify reading any other version?
>>
So all Christians who existed before the king James version got it wrong?
>>
>>8435971
King James is cool. Most poetic. Also the first to give name to Lucifer after the Vulgate.

NRSV is my jam, endorsed by CS Lewis, and also the most scholarly translation.
>>
>>8436196
What do you have against Lewis?
>>
File: 1337621351794.jpg (163KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1337621351794.jpg
163KB, 600x600px
>>8436189
>and also the most scholarly translation.

Scholars hardly ever do translations right though.
>>
>>8436224
Eh, who does then.
Are you some only Orthodox, or only Catholic, anti Protestant, anti Academic Chrstian research kinda guy?
Do you enjoy role-playing as a Christian?
>>
>>8436189
>most poetic
Has someone not read the vulgate, anon?
>>
>>8436238
Lattimore did the New Testament, Robert Alter has done most of the Old Testament.
>>
>>8435971
>infallible

God hates the ignorant. He gives you the gift of your intelligence, and your ability to analyze and review patterns, and you can't even see the errors presented in any given translation of the Bible.
>>
>>8435971
Calm down cromwell
>>
>>8435971

The NT Greek manuscript basis for the KJV in particular is missing the past five centuries of discovery and criticism. This doesn't affect any teachings of the church in a major way or anything, but it allows for greater confidence in the accuracy of the NT text as it now stands (Nestle-Aland 28/UBS 4th ed).
>>
>>8436256
>Lattimore translated the new testament

YOU FUCKING WOT, M8?

Why haven't I heard about this
>>
>>8436264
what are you even trying to say?
>>
>>8436525

It's pretty obvious what he's saying, please stop being a retard
>>
>not getting this Chumash for the old testament parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Chumash-ArtScroll-Haftaros-Commentary-Anthologized/dp/0899060145/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472155526&sr=8-1&keywords=chumash
>>
>>8435971
>being an anglo cuck
lmao @ your life
>>
>>8436550
yeah, but what he's saying doesn't make any sense
>>
File: pope.jpg (52KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pope.jpg
52KB, 1024x768px
>listening to anyone's thoughts or opinions on Christianity other than the complete, infallible and perfect word of God's representative on earth.
>>
File: cei.jpg (44KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
cei.jpg
44KB, 480x640px
>not the 1974 CEI one used in actual liturgy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.