[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>'..and then... MAMAN DIES, AHAHHAHA!, people will eat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>'..and then... MAMAN DIES, AHAHHAHA!, people will eat this shit up'
>>
>>8435766
Coldsteel of literature
pfff, nothin personel maman
>>
>>8435766
>>8435789
t. people who actually literally cried when their parents died.

I bet you still 'reminisce' with your siblings over mundane experiences.
>>
>>8435825
>be orphan
>anon-kun talks shit
tb.h siblings and parents would've been nice
>>
>>8435825
>hey guise look how much like Meursault I am!
>hey, hey guise, why is nobody looking? Can't you see how cool I am?
>fucking plebs don't even understand how absurd life is I'm going home
you.
>>
>>8435766
Do people really find Camus attractive?
Always found him a bit ugly, not Sartre-tier, but still
I think he was just a great personality
>>
>>8436175
He's not ugly, intelligent, famous and dresses well. Good enough to be considered "attractive".
>>
>>8435766
>not "on-hon-hon"
3/10, mec
>>
>>8435766
>>8435789
>>8435825
I think the book rather deals with how Meursault acts rather than what he feels (from what I remember).

I definitely felt terrible when my dad died, but I didn't get behaviourally upset that much, so I can see how someone could act like him.
>>
>>8436175
he looks like a pretty handsome chappy to me
>>
File: tolstoy.jpg (98KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
tolstoy.jpg
98KB, 353x500px
>>8435766
I think a lot about what he would have written if he had lived longer. I once heard it said he was moving from an obsession with Dostoevsky (whose influence can obviously be seen in his early work) and reading a great deal more Tolstoy. I don't know how true that was, but there is the stereotype of Dostoevsky being a "young man's" writer and that we move onto Tolstoy with time (a simplification, which nevertheless contains elements of truth).

As it stands I can't rank him as a great novelist, but for some reason, I get the feeling that, if he had lived longer, and really assimilated the messages of Tolstoy, using him as inspiration in same way he used Dosto, then he would have produced a truly great novel, one undeniably up there with the 20th century greats, and would have founded a stream of literature, which set itself apart by lacking the teenage elements of Dosto (the obsession with nihilism, the constant pervasive sense of drama(Dosto was the greatest playwright never to have written a play)), which plague his earlier work, and following instead the Tolstoyan model.

Instead, the 20th century became a Dostoyevskyan century, every work a lesser fragmentation of his Brothers Karamazov (Not that this is at all dismissive; it's a wonderful book), populated by exaggerated psychology, an unfounded distaste for naturalism, and a subtle conservatism (present even among the most left-wing writers of the modern and post-modern tradition) which reveals itself in the post-modern suspicion of "ideology" and "ideologues".

The death of Albert Camus came too early. As with Keats and Shelley, when we read his work, what is far more dominant than the actual work which stands before us is the tragic sense, which pervades his corpus, of what could have been.
>>
>>8437024
Suspicion of ideology isn't conservative, it is classical liberlaism. Conservatism is tradtional power structures flavored with the local religious customs.
>>
>>8437467
You don't think that suspicion of notions like "progress" and so on is conservative? You don't think that this suspicion has penetrated the left wing, and is in a way the self sabotage which has caused all its problems?

For me at least, anti-Utopianism is the root of conservatism, a striving to find a perfect model in the past, rather than the future. I don't deny we should be suspicious to some extent of Utopian ideas, but to disregard them entirely, as Dostoevsky and the writers of the 20th century do, leads to nihilism and the rejection of life on earth. This is something you don't find in Tolstoy, and I think his major appeal. He's a much more "earthly", immanent novelist than Dostoevsky. Which, broadly, is why I think it would have been interesting to have a major novelist in the last century who championed Tolstoy over Dostoevsky as an influence.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.