[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lol, "Ecce Homo" by Nietzsche is listed as an auto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: hmmm.gif (1MB, 1274x955px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.gif
1MB, 1274x955px
Lol, "Ecce Homo" by Nietzsche is listed as an autobiography

http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Non-fiction
>>
Okay?
>>
>>8434001
it was always misunderstood as an autobiographical standpoint, it isn´t by the way, nietzsche describes his own morals and way of life and as a part of his own life reflects on his own work, but not in an autobiographical way, how he became what he is.
>>
>>8433991
>ecce homo
>the gay science
Did Nietzsche emulate more than just virtue from the Greeks?
>>
>>8434009
sorry

it should say

but rather how he became what he is
>>
>>8433991
According to my indepth knowledge of Latin that means.

"Alas! A Faggot"

Common use when referencing OP.
>>
>>8434010
at first hand he studied philology.
so yes he adpated a lot from ancient greek philsophy, but had a radical take on it.
>>
>>8434020
Look a Faggot!
>>
>>8434010
Maybe in passing. He seems to have had considerably more interest in women than men tho. Like Wagner definitely was into that sort of thing but nothing ever happened on that front.
>>
File: spook.jpg (55KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
55KB, 500x496px
>Autobiography (2013) by Morrissey
>>
File: 1465570975555.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1465570975555.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>8434097
holy kek

is this some MOD ruse?
>>
>>8433991
Uh, it is? He wrote it as a parody but it's still technically autobiographical.
>>
>>8434111
>it as a parody
nope.

he introduces certain thoughts (for his friends) he fully developes in the following work "Antichrist"
>>
>>8434141
Except the Antichrist doesn't follow Ecce Homo, Ecce Homo and Nietzsche Contra Wagner were his last works, and the latter was mostly recycled aphorisms spun into a more cohesive format. He was working on these manuscripts around the same time and didn't intend at all for Ecce Homo to be his last true work, there is a sense of something unfinished in the passage concerning AC.

Ecce Homo was, at its core, three things

1. A parody of the autobiographical genre, which Nietzsche thought was incredibly stupid.

2. An explanation of Nietzsche's interpretation of his own ideas. Which in some senses is autobiographical because it does describe how he comes about these ideas and relates them to himself as a person. There is an explanation of what he considers to be the core of his project, his withering criticisms of Christianity and of philosophy as a practice in denial of truth.

3. A trial. Ecce Homo's language in some ways mirrors what can be found in Plato's Apology. Nietzsche is defending himself in this book against future misinterpretation and slander and just as Socrates did, turns what he expects will be the criticisms of him back on those who would criticize him and makes the jurors into the judged. This is one of Kauffman's ideas but I also saw the parallels throughout the later half of the work in particular.
>>
Some people have made the mistake of seeing Shunt's work as a load of rubbish about railway timetables, but clever people like me, who talk loudly in restaurants, see this as a deliberate ambiguity, a plea for understanding in a mechanized world. The points are frozen, the beast is dead. What is the difference? What indeed is the point? The point is frozen, the beast is late out of Paddington. The point is taken. If La Fontaine's elk would spurn Tom Jones the engine must be our head, the dining car our oesophagus, the guard's van our left lung, the cattle truck our shins, the first-class compartment the piece of skin at the nape of the neck and the level crossing an electric elk called Simon. The clarity is devastating. But where is the ambiguity? It's over there in a box. Shunt is saying the 8.15 from Gillingham when in reality he means the 8.13 from Gillingham. The train is the same only the time is altered. Ecce homo, ergo elk. La Fontaine knew his sister and knew her bloody well. The point is taken, the beast is moulting, the fluff gets up your nose. The illusion is complete; it is reality, the reality is illusion and the ambiguity is the only truth. But is the truth, as Hitchcock observes, in the box? No there isn't room, the ambiguity has put on weight. The point is taken, the elk is dead, the beast stops at Swindon, Chabrol stops at nothing, I'm having treatment and La Fontaine can get knotted.
>>
>>8434184
>Except the Antichrist doesn't follow Ecce Homo
sorry, my mistake

but nonetheless there a chapters in this book like the one where he talks about his nutrition, that isn´t just a parodistic reflection of the autobiographical genre. it´s much deeper. he talks about hs own morals and how he became what he is now.
>>
>>8435718
It's not 'just' a parody, the parodical take on autobiography is just one layer, one element of the work.

All biography boils down to in the end, an account of a becoming. We both agree he is engaging in this recounting of his story, not in a detailed, specific and highly 'realistic' fashion typical of the genre (which is ironically more full of lies and self aggrandizing bullshit than anything Nietzsche wrote) but rather in a way which strips down those superfluous details and replaces them with at times comical bombast, combined with a more sincere assessment of his experience with life.

It sometimes baffles me when I think that this was not 'supposed' to be his final work because it is such a perfect capstone for his entire philosophical project. He is one of the few philosophers who honestly recounts how his life not only shapes his philosophy, but creates his philosophy. How his philosophy is just an aspect of his life rather than some thing in itself, some pure idea elevated above the human form. Nietzsche's philosophy is covered with grime, gaping wounds and scars. It is a beast of burden rather than an angelic revelation.

And Ecce Homo is perhaps the best book for explaining this. Even the title references this. It means simply 'behold, the man'. Of course there is the classic allusion to Christ, but Nietzsche's choice of this title is actually reverting the meaning of this simple phrase. For with Christ, 'ecce homo' is a divine revelation, it inspires you to peer deeper, past the body past the man. With Nietzsche, he is completely honest and serious which his statment of ecce homo because he wants you to just behold the fucking man. Don't go looking for some divine spirit or transcendental truth behind him for he has nothing but his all too human humanity. And we should be not only content with that, we should be happy with that and love it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.