[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book I'm going to be studying for English class. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
Book I'm going to be studying for English class.
Should I be dreading it or excited?
>>
>>8433580
You should be dreading attending class at your shit school
>>
Read it for a uni class, was excited bcuz it won Pulitzer, but I didn't really like it. Not an awful book, just not deserving of all the hype imo
>>
I had this same book assigned to me last semester, and of all of the assigned readings I had then, and in that semester I had over 20 books on that list, this was my favorite. Still one of my favorite books. Read it in both Spanish and English. You'll like it, I'm sure; especially if you frequent 4chan.
>>
>>8433627
>doesn't know how to use the semicolon
>loves Junot Diaz
It checks out
>>
>>8433580
Are you at uc berkeley?
>>
>>8433580
The best parts are the descriptions of sexy teenage dominican girls
>>
>>8433580
What Uni are you at OP?

I studied it last semester but I didn't really enjoy it.
>>
>>8433580
I stopped reading half way through. The first bit was kinda interesting cause the dude was basically a neet but then it changed pov to his sister and her story didn't really interest me. It's decent but not worth all the praise imo.
>>
>entire book is about a greasy nerd giving up his interest to pursue his unnaturally desperate desire to lose his virginity
>gives up all his dignity to find a girl he can fuck
>approaches any nasty bitch he can and STILL gets turned down
>fucking idiot tries killing himself 3 times because he's to pathetic to fuck a girl
>after an ENTIRE novel of blueballing he finally gets laid... to some nasty dominican back alley prostitute (whose pussy tastes like Heineken, as he described)
>gets murdered for it

I don't even know what Diaz was trying to make out with this plot, but if it's about women sucking the life out of you, then I'd agree. This book literally made me feel better about being a virgin.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.