[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do great writers need to have a hiqh IQ? Seeing how imagination

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 53b155eb046d9_gene_wolfe[1].jpg (59KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
53b155eb046d9_gene_wolfe[1].jpg
59KB, 240x180px
Do great writers need to have a hiqh IQ? Seeing how imagination and intelligence is connected i started to wonder if maybe, empathy and others qualities that make a writer great are not related to IQ as well. What do you think /lit/? Do you know of any great writer who wasn't that smart?
>>
>>8433311

I dunno, but I know of many people are are "smart" but aren't great writers.
>>
It's dependent on the story they're writing surely? I imagine a historical novel dealing with politics and other sorts of drama would require an educated and reasonably smart writer to capture the essence of what they're writing about. But something more personal, like a memoir, could be written by any old chump (see Bukowski)
>>
>iq thread

Omg just fuck off and get some self-esteem

sage
>>
>>8433311
IQ is just a number...a very important number that will determine your worth, your wealth, your aptitude, how much fun you will have in college, how long you will live, the method by which you'll die, whether or not you can write a great novel, whether or not you will write a great novel, dick size, clit size, average # of brain tumors, average # of shit posts that are gets, meme potential, ego death, whether or not something will really make you think, favorite balloon brand, creative juices, sense of smell, which parts of 'party mix' you enjoy, your current location, and many more.
>>
>>8433311
Lots of people write good books. Smart people are capable of doing what they want to do. If they want to write a book, they can do so, because they are smart. Smart people do all types of things. The only common thread that connects things that smart people do is that they want to do them.

Also, fuck the whole IQ thing.

Also, you are stupid.
>>
>>8433311
Not sure how it's possible to answer without knowing the IQ scores of any writers.
>>
>>8434827
insecure Iqlet detected
>>
>>8433311

Creativity comes from understanding yourself. It also comes from training the mind, it takes concentration to truly activate your creative juices. Most people only tread in the shallow pools of the ocean that is their imagination, some take drugs to try and go deeper but I don't condone it, I think it just takes lots of meditation and esoteric thinking.
>>
>>8434827
>which parts of party mix you will enjoy
okay i smiled
>>
>>8433311
Gene Wolfe knew everything about everything before online research was a thing ... I feel the vast majority are not as smart as he, and less intelligent than I.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.