[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I stumbled across this video yesterday, https://www.googl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1429740166860.png (506KB, 1156x899px) Image search: [Google]
1429740166860.png
506KB, 1156x899px
So I stumbled across this video yesterday, https://www.google.com/search?q=on+the+alt+right&oq=on+the+alt+right&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61j69i65j0j69i59j69i64.2726j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Which lead me down a rabbit hole of National Review Online articles, and others from elsewhere, learning about the alt-right. Normally being a patrish I live above such populist spectator sport as national elections. But since memes like cuck have apparently broken mainstream, and fucking /pol/ is a shade away from being mentioned directly in the National Review I thought we should talk cuck here on /lit/.

I mean if there is one thing that pervades the western literary tradition it is cuckolding.

If you wanna be pleb about it and start with the Odyssey then you have Odysseus adrift getting a hard cucking at the hands of the gods via the suitors advancing on his estate.

If you wanna be patrish about it and start with the New Testament then you have Joseph getting a cucking from God Himself---not even God, a dove sent by God to do his cuckolding for him cause he couldn't even be bothered to do it himself.

Then of course, there's Hamlet with his Freudian mind-cuck

There's Jay Gatsby who literally got cucked to death.

That guy from The Sun Also Rises who got cucked by WWI when it shot his penis off or whatever.

And of course the all-star, dearheart cuckold Bloom.

So /lit let's talk cucking in literature. Tell me about the most harrowing cucks you've read, the most redeeming. Authors who got cucked, like Dante getting cucked by Beatrice, and so forth.
>>
>>8432957

I posted a picture of The Edge from U2 here the other day. He's wearing a cowboy hat and a smirk and a shirt that says something like 'Mr. The Edge." It was in a thread about The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead if I remember correctly. Tht image would be pretty much my response to this here, and then the text box would say 'low number/10 I responded.'
>>
>But since memes like cuck have apparently broken mainstream, and fucking /pol/ is a shade away from being mentioned directly in the National Review.

How did a containment board generate enough momentum to propel an outsider like Trump to within spitting distance of the Presidency?

Moot has much to answer for.
>>
File: 18.11.14 - 1.jpg (23KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
18.11.14 - 1.jpg
23KB, 381x381px
>>8433061
oh pol's a pretty minor player I think, at least on the surface level

but they basically provided reddit's trump board with their vocabulary and memetic sensibilities

also the SPLC has said that pol's rhetorical style has pretty much been fully emulated by all the lesser white nationalist websites---shit is pretty crazy but also very funny as well I think

>>8432973
I have no idea what you are saying
>>
>>8432957
My god! Is ''cuck'' not the perfect buzzword that has been thrown into circulation, where in the subjects manipulate each other by exploiting the base sexual fears of being submissive or perceived as such? Perhaps some other groups take advantage of this memetic virus?
>>
>>8433287

Only an actual cuck would get so defensive at hearing the word.
>>
>>8433237
>I have no idea what you are saying
I believe you
>>
>>8433287
cuck
>>
>they disregard all the alt-right ideas because it has affinities to memes, spam, and a shit film
>>
File: takashi.murakami.jpg (189KB, 736x732px) Image search: [Google]
takashi.murakami.jpg
189KB, 736x732px
>>8433287
And the weird thing is cuckolding or being a cuckold is often the precursor to the revelation of a heroic dimension to the offendee's personality

at least in a lot of literature---it's hard to dispute that Bloom is the ultimate hero and victor in Ulysses; the book ends with Molly saying "yes yes yes" not to Boylan but to Leopold
>>
>>8433341
Who exactly is this "they" you're referring to. I'm way out of the political loop but from what I've been reading any "they" who matter within the conservative establishment are in deep deep panic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/magazine/will-trump-swallow-the-gop-whole.html
>>
>>8432973
Haha fuck
>>
>>8433405
They as the ones out of the political loop
>>
>>8433291
Example: Hey, I like Pepsi---''You're a Pepsicuck! Take the Coke pill.'' And so on.

When you connect sexual submission and loss of property with anything, you can use it to manipulate the insecurities of another person. Connect their ideology or whatever, to said insecurity and you make them more likely to agree with you. Whether they're aware of it or not. It is no longer an innocent insult, but a manipulative buzzword. The novelty of it is what truly makes it work. Consider the word ''fag'', if the Cokefag called the guy a Pepsifag, it trigger nothing, it is too common of a phrase, and has become a harmless form of categorization. One could say that ''cuck'' is the antithesis of ''fag''.
>>
>>8433287
Hi zizek
>>
File: 1471223817437.jpg (39KB, 387x411px) Image search: [Google]
1471223817437.jpg
39KB, 387x411px
>>8432957
I understand where you are coming from but please, don't try and make a happening here on /lit/

Anons always want some hype but it is almost always shit. Cuck is not a happening, /pol/ is not important. 4chan has its place in meme culture but it isn't that special

We aren't that special. It is not happening.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.