[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to read the canon in chronological order Why must

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 57117b4f4b559.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
57117b4f4b559.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>trying to read the canon in chronological order

Why must I be cursed with this autism?
>>
Autism isn't a curse you chauvinist shitlord
>>
>>8432319
What list r u reading bruv
>>
Im reading the canon in chronological order with the occasional novel thrown in for fun. Works well for me
>>
>>8432319
How does it feel knowing you will never read Moby-Dick or Ulysses, the two best books of the English language, and possibly the best ever.
>>
>>8432853
A mix of Bloom, Penguin Classics and Oxford World Classics.

>>8432937
How are you doing so far? I'm finding the beginning rather difficult because you've got religious texts and epics to go through, which tend to be rather lengthy.

>>8432955
It does sadden me somewhat, but there are also many things which I will never do or have that sadden me. Figuring out how to stop the sadness is something I'm working on...
>>
Have fun being done in a decade
>>
>>8432319
which canon?

origin, type, fiction, non-fiction`?
>>
>>8432319
I don't know why /lit/ doesn't have a western canon chart?
I mean, we have a lot of 'start with the greeks' but then I don't know what to read after the greeks.
>>
there are less than 1300 books in most canons, can be done in 10 years 20 at most easily. But reading the entire canon is boring as hell, the tangents are the 'sunshine of reading' if reading a good novel by a dude whose only scraped one novel intot the canon doesn't make you read some more of him then what's the point?
>>
>>8433945
Is there a non-fiction canon?
>>
>>8433989
The point is that nobody can say an authors name that i don't know, thus making me look stupid.

>"What, you don't know Eric Dazzenborough?! How the hell could you not know him, he's one of the most daring prose writers of the 20's!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.