[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw the word 'obfuscate' obfuscates the word hide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: 1471932617381.webm (3MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1471932617381.webm
3MB, 720x1280px
>mfw the word 'obfuscate' obfuscates the word hide
>mfw the word 'hide' hides the word obfuscate

What do you call this phenomena?
>>
>>8432066
who cares
post more wiggly girls

also
>this phenomena?
pls kill self
>>
>>8432069
This, wiggly girls a best
>>
>tfw no latina gf to abuse when coming home after a night on the slopes
>>
>>8432066
Unintended meaning, russel's paradox, irony I dunno. Doesn't seem so exciting that there should be a special word for it.
>>
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

the fear of long words
>>
>>obfuscate makes the word hide unintelligible/unclear
Wat
>>hide conceals the word obfuscate
Wat
>>
>>8432066
womanlets a shit
>>
>>8432190
pleb
>>
It's called being a pseud
Delete this thread
>>
>>8432066
Ignore the plebs ITT. It's called a thinanchasonoism (from the greek thin: "verily, truly", anankazo:"to cause, to compel", and -noia, "thought").
>>
>>8432066
the same can be said for any synonym of 'hide' u fat fuck
>>
>>8432066
she looks brazilian
>>
What the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>8432066

>>mfw the word 'obfuscate' obfuscates the word hide
It does/is what it describes, like 'brobdingnagian' or 'multisyllabic'. They have a self-referential aspect. The technical term is autology; such words are autological.

>>mfw the word 'hide' hides the word obfuscate
No, in this direction not really, since 'hide' doesn't provide the barrier to understanding that 'obfuscate' does. They're merely (imperfect) synonyms here.
>>
>>8432066
>'obfuscate' obfuscates 'hide'
>'hide' hides 'obfuscate
I don't see how this is true. You're using one instead of the other, not concealing one with the other...
>>
good thread
>>
>>8432066
No, you're retarded. You don't understand vocabulary. Hide doesn't equal obfuscate, obfuscate is a word with a more complex meaning that enriches a sentence that contains it, just as enriches is better than "adds to", and so on, ad infinitum, you cunt.
>>
>>8432066
do want
>>
an autologic word is a word that describes itself, the opposite is heterologic

now here is a fun question for you: is "heterologic" a heterological word?
>>
>>8432069
more wigs pls
>>
>>8432069
do you want him to post something or kill himself?
>>
>>8432066
i like girls so much sometimes i wish i was one
>>
File: good_job.jpg (34KB, 500x581px) Image search: [Google]
good_job.jpg
34KB, 500x581px
>>8432836

nothing prevents him from doing both, no?
>>
>>8432880
wtf same, you just expressed the latent feeling that i've had for years

i dont even want to fuck her i just kinda want to touch her arm and be her
>>
>>8432896
>>8432880

If you don't want to fuck her you're confirmed /lit/ material. Break out the Dom you faggots are winning medals.
>>
>>8432898
>Break out the Dom you faggots are winning medals.

I don't get it.
>>
>>8432932

Gold and Silver in faggotry. Who wouldn't want to celebrate such a momentous occasion? Dom Perignon is a Champagne.
>>
>>8432948
>Dom Perignon is a Champagne.
I think this is the point of confusion, no one outside the inbred horsey set gets this dumbass slang.
>>
>>8432896
It's nice to know there is company, there's so much...
>>
>>8432898
Short for dominatrix my man
>>
>>8432066
i hate the girl in this webm. she's annoying and i wish to eliminate her.
>>
damn we need more wiggly qt's
>>
>>8432066
>the word "word"
what do you call this phenomena?
>>
>>8432745

I would say, no? Because the word does not describe the opposite of its meaning (a word that describes the opposite of its meaning).
>>
>>8433518

the chewbacca defense
>>
>>8432880

Honestly, same here. Sometimes when I see beautiful women, I am attracted to them, but also get a heavy sense of envy and even depression. It's like they are so special and beautiful, they are on a higher plane of existence than I am. They seem like mythical creatures sometimes, and I'm just me...
>>
>>8432717
one word can't just be better than another one. there are times when obfuscate might be more appropriate or "better," but there are probably many more circumstances where hide is more appropriate. Also, I don't think obfuscate has a more complex meaning than hide. Pretty much all words have surprising meanings when you look into them.
>>
>>8432066
are you a girl OP? because that's some incredibly shallow made up pseud shit.

you'd fit in the academia.
>>
>>8432066
wow
>>
>>8433558

classic mistake of putting the pussy on a pedestal. guess what? they shit just like you. they are susceptible to shitty human behaviors and flaws just like you. some of the pretty ones are even socially awkward and have low self esteem, just like you. kill your darlings you fucking faggot.
>>
>>8433550
THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
>>
>>8433596
You sound like a bit of a nutter mate
>>
>>8433694

Maybe. All I'm saying is that attractive girls are humans too and that you shouldn't treat them like goddesses if you want to have a shot at getting in their pants.
>>
>>8433718
Past a shot at getting in their pants, if you want valuable friendships or relationships, it helps if they other person isn't seen as an unreachable end-goal. That makes social dynamics unbalanced and is a strong factor for sexual violence.
>>
>>8433596
all he was saying was some girls are crazy hot/pretty, and it's true
>>
>>8433739

That's not all he was saying. You don't ascribe phrases like, "higher plane of existence" and, "mythical creatures" to women and expect to come off sounding like you believe you are in an equitable position when dealing with them.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.