[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A deconstruction of the Vampire genre What would it look

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

>A deconstruction of the Vampire genre

What would it look like? Most vampires in literature are portrayed as noble and romantic beings, I think a deconstruction would portray them as demons and monsters that suffer from a sickness disguised by their air of nobility.
>>
Sounds interesting write it myan
>>
That just sounds like a return to the old Romanian and Transylvanian folk tales. Vampires are ugly, feral beasts in those stories, the spawn of demons and the Devil, and there's nothing charming about them.
>>
>>8431435

Sounds like someone needs to read I Am Legend. Please don't ever watch the abortion of a film.
>>
>>8431439
I am right now. I don't want to write another pulp romantic vampire story that will get swept under the rug, but a complete deconstruction to revive the craze of several years ago in a refreshing way.

>>8431443
Thanks for the recommendation
>>
>>8431435 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haemophilia_in_European_royalty
>>
>>8431435
>I think a deconstruction would portray them as demons and monsters that suffer from a sickness disguised by their air of nobility.
That's just Dracula, aka the original way vampires were written. "Noble and romantic" was a Rice/Meyer thing (though you maybe could argue that Le Fanu started it with Carmilla), itself a deconstruction.
>>
File: Lumleycollection.jpg (352KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
Lumleycollection.jpg
352KB, 1200x755px
>>8431435
"Noble"? That's the modern YA deconstruction. Stoker and earlier already went the sickness route (and as anon said, all earlier folk tales). Also, pic related--if you want real bastard vampires with no fucking sparkles.
>>
>>8431435
A deconstruction of vampires would be to write something about the fear of wealthy gays in a Romanian village.
>>
>>8431435
I had a similar idea about a vampire who lives in squalor and only goes out at night for blood. He's also a pedophile.
>>
>>8431435
You could go for ""What we do in the shadows"" approach. Some are noble, some are not, some are alpha, others - hikikomori. Also living together in a spooky mansion with some super old and super powerful master vampire is the most """original""" thing ever.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Already has been done.
>>
What about a reptilian vibe. I.E they sometimes sit in a chair for a week, and when they "drain" someone, they actually spend a whole day just eating them entirely with some really gross dislocating jaw type business. Think it would be cool to present them as both beautiful but also totally alien and a disgusting. They can't read.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.