[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have four hours to kill in NYC tomorrow. What bookstores are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (169KB, 664x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 664x441px
I have four hours to kill in NYC tomorrow. What bookstores are worth going to other than pic related? Used only. Midtown preferred.
>>
>>8430193
Whichever one is busiest and has most people. Or if you don't want to get caught, the least busy where you are least likely to get caught.
>>
>>8430193
I really can't think of a better one than that. I found shitloads of out of print hardcovers for ridiculously low prices there.
>>
>>8430200
what do you mean by "caught"?
>>
Hey Anon unfortunately there aren't a lot of great bookstores left in NY.

If I were you I would head to the outdoor Strand bookstore stand at 62nd and 5th Avenue -- its right on the side of Central Park so if you pick out something you like you can read it in the Park. Maybe check out the Zoo which is a couple blocks away too--Camus visited it 10+ times apparently when he visited the city. Then head to Shakespeare's on 70th and Lex.

This isn't midtown but its close enough to walk and both bookstores are right on top of subway stations
>>
>>8430357
Going to bookstores is illegal in NYC lol

How does someone not know this in 2016?
>>
Westsider Rare and Used Books. Not in midtown, but it's a neat place t b h.
>>
>>8430357
I didn't know if you meant you had 4 hours for a killing spree, or individual killings spread out over a few different book stores. If it was multiple bookstores, you should probably stick to smaller ones.
>>
File: dfw no way.gif (619KB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
dfw no way.gif
619KB, 320x179px
>>8430577
>>
>>8430454
damn that's super close to me--gotta check it out
>>
I bought a lot of Mishima paperbacks from Alabaster Books near The Strand for pretty cheap. But you won't find those books there anymore because I bought them.
>>
I only found "new" versions of books that looked cool when I went to strands a few weeks ago (cheaper on amazon). Then again, I was looking in the philosophy, mathematics, and poetry sections. Also Stefan Zweig.
>>
>>8430429
>there aren't a lot of great bookstores

Why is this? They go out of business or something?
>>
There's, like, one bookstore literally a few blocks over from the Strand that is much smaller but also really, really good. Has a lot of used books that are super cool.

I found a 1929 edition of Chesterton's "Heretics" there. It was great.
>>
126 Crosby St

Tons of cheap shit. Can be a hit or miss. Great sandwiches.
>>
buy some guns and learn to use them
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.