[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the book list for my english class this semester Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (10KB, 280x340px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 280x340px
This is the book list for my english class this semester

Should I bail? There's still time
>>
Not if you need the credits.... dunbass.......
>>
>>8428560
I don't, I can pick any class in any major I like as long as it's upper-division
>>
>>8428580
for >>8428575
>>
>>8428560
Graham Greene is pretty good. Dickens , Dickinson, Leaves of Grass, Importance of being earnest too. Don't know about the rest tho. Never heard of those.
>>
>>8428560
You've got a ton of great literature there, OP. Why would you bail? The only ones /lit/ could even possibly object to are Their Eyes Were Watching God and whatever Flush is.

The rest are definite classics. Browning, Dickinson, Dickens, Whitman, Eliot, Wilde, Emerson, Douglass, James, Kipling..

This is probably the best ratio of schlock to classic works you're going to get in any of your future literature courses, so I'd stick it.
>>
>>8428560
Is this bait? because it smells rotten, bitting anyway, read as much as possible even if you don't agree with it, there is a lot to learn even from people you don't agree with or from books people tell you they suck, read them and make your own judegement, that is where the real knowledge come from.
>>
>>8429043
Well I was just concerned by the authors, couldn't help but notice the majority of them were either gay, black, or a woman

I'm not prejudiced, but it seemed like a recipe for an agenda'd class which I don't want
>>
>>8429087
I almost never say this, but you should most definitely kill yourself you pretentious retard.
>>
>>8429087
What?
Greene is a Catholic with appropriate themes, Dickens is a classy Englishman, nobody should have a problem with Emily Dickinson or Whitman.
Like most of these are well established classics.
>>
>>8429010
>Browning, Dickinson, Dickens, Whitman, Eliot, Wilde, Emerson, Douglass, James, Kipling..

Only one of these artists has real /lit/erary merit.
>>
>>8429098
How exactly is wanting a class about LITERATURE and not POLITICAL SCIENCE pretentious?
>>
>>8429137

If you're that concerned, email the professor, or look at the syllabus for an overview of exactly what you're going to learn.
>>
>>8429153
ok I will try that thanks

I think it'll be fine either way though hopefully
>>
>Dickinson
>Dickens
>Whitman
>Emerson
>Wilde
>James
>Eliot
It looks pretty good desu just read sparknotes for the others.
>>
>>8429136
retard
>>
>>8428560
The Importance of Being Earnest is so damn good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.