[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last Saturday was this cool guy's birthday. Post your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1462725720212.jpg (41KB, 273x445px) Image search: [Google]
1462725720212.jpg
41KB, 273x445px
Last Saturday was this cool guy's birthday. Post your favorite Weird Tale.
>>
I liked best the story of the one-bit writer who, decades after his death, goes from being the object of the widest and most superficial appreciation to being universally shunned for having during his whole career written one joke poem about a squid god.
>>
>>8428051
The Willows, which, coincidentally, was also his favorite weird tale
>>
Anyone else here read The Hill of Dreams by Machen? It's basically my diary desu by a lover of the ancient Welsh ruins and forests of his upbringing.

The main character is a knobhead named Lucian, and it's hilarious how little regard he has for fellow people. And it's precisely those normies who would think that such an awkward, detached guy would have nothing going on in his head, much less a 60,000 word narrative. It almost reads like a parody of itself, and doubles as an ersatz Lovecraft psych case.
>>
>>8428051
Call of Cthulhu
It's not his best but I love how it wraps all his themes and ideas up in one fun package.
>>
the one that manages to captivate me the best is the shadow over innsmouth

its where his horror works the best, I think

maybe as far as themes and ideas go, there would be something else to pick
>>
I think his dream cycle is really strong overall. Those are probably my fav along with M.ofM
>>
>>8428427
This or The Lurking Fear. Charles Dexter Ward also had some impact on me.
>>
>When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
>>
The Colour of Space has always been a favourite.
>>
File: witt4.jpg (98KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
witt4.jpg
98KB, 666x666px
>>8428089

i'm not familiar witt that one lad whats it called
>>
I've been playing through Darkest Dungeon, which is pretty lovecraftian

https://youtu.be/AQLxdHfMPF8
>>
>>8429812
>vidya
>>
>>8428051
this thread needs more music of erich zann
my all time favorite beside:
from beyond
dreams of the witch house
the white bird
shadow over innsmouth
>>
Herbert West is underrated, one of if not the first horror story to use zombies.
>>
>>8428089
I think that what people appreciate is how the universe wraps up
>>
>>8428051
Shadow over innsmouth, Herbert West reanimator and Color out of space
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.