[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. "'Science can't tell us how to be moral,'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1461022855612s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1461022855612s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
1. "'Science can't tell us how to be moral,' sneered the Humanitiesfag extremely Jewishly." I agree, but why the hell do people who say this try to imply that philosophy can figure out objectively correct morals? Why do philosophaggots cry when you bring up the Munchhausen Trilemma? Is it because it is not conducive to self congratulatory mental masturbation?

2. How do you cope with the stress of keeping up with the Joneses in terms of reading about boring shit you wouldn't normally care about but you are told you have to care about? E.g., Greeks, continental philosophy, fiction (particularly the western canon etc.)
>>
File: rvu0DIG.jpg (343KB, 1052x1408px) Image search: [Google]
rvu0DIG.jpg
343KB, 1052x1408px
>>8427232
>2. How do you cope with the stress of keeping up with the Joneses in terms of reading about boring shit you wouldn't normally care about but you are told you have to care about? E.g., Greeks, continental philosophy, fiction (particularly the western canon etc.)
>reading to impress others
>having such shit taste
>>
>>8427232

>Is it because it is not conducive to self congratulatory mental masturbation?

>Asking THIS Question on a mongolese figure weaving goat-farm
>the year of your lord
>2K16
>>
https://orthosphere.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/the-argument-from-truth/
>>
>>8427259
>the giant invisible man in the sky
>>
>>8427232
>people like OP ridicule philosophy by sarcastically and ironically parroting "can't know nuffin'!"
>when philosophy attempts to respond, e.g. to the trilemma, people like OP seriously respond "but you can't know nuffin'"
>>
>>8427291
but you can't know nuffin
>>
>>8427298
if i could have the munchhausen trilemma poster executed i unironically and honestly think i would
>>
>>8427306
but u cant know if u wud
u cant know nuffin
>>
>>8427232
>I agree, but why the hell do people who say this try to imply that philosophy can figure out objectively correct morals?
This isn't always implied. You know, there is a huge portion of philosophy that treats ideas as members rooted in perspectives and not like Plato's forms i.e. of some truer or "objective" substance.

>How do you cope with the stress of keeping up with the Joneses in terms of reading about boring shit you wouldn't normally care about but you are told you have to care about? E.g., Greeks, continental philosophy, fiction (particularly the western canon etc.)
"stress" lol. What shit fucking taste you have.
>>
>>8427232
>I agree, but why the hell do people who say this try to imply that philosophy can figure out objectively correct morals?

Moral relativism and nihilism are just as much philosophical positions as realism.
>>
>>8427232

1. Philosophy majors can ignore all Jews unlike every other major.
Also philosophers don't beloved in morality like scientists do because our mode of thought isn't haunted by the Christ cuck spectre
>Do science for the good of all man kind
>Oh these iq tests don't match the real narrative they aren't scientific :^)
>Everyone at the LHC thinks brexit is evil!

>Plato
>Kant
>Hegel and schoppy
>Stirner
>Nietzsche
>Heidegger
>Deluze
>Land
Finished
>>
Hey guys, OP here...here to teĺl you I'm not for real, this is just a prank for my channel on youtube, you can see my friend over there with the camera, see him? Lol. Just wanna know if it's OK with you guys if I upload it to my channel?
>>
>>8427232
To answer questions 2.

I'm genuinely interested in this stuff. Probably because I'm a stemfag who has a normal job; I'm just able to delve into muh philosophical novels for enjoyment.
>>
>>8427933
>Deleuze wasn't a jew so /pol/ should read him

boy oh boy that will be a fun ride
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.