[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ywn write so well that your first book rivals the best of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: willyg.jpg (73KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
willyg.jpg
73KB, 800x500px
>ywn write so well that your first book rivals the best of the memes
>ywn come up with a plot so interesting that you can slave over it for five years without fucking it all up
>ywn be able to satirize your enemies without looking like a snarky manchild
>ywn have enough knowledge of religion, art history, wall street, and the justice system to make fun of them whenever you want with expert precision

Why even fucking live
>>
i just want the knowledge part

school failed me, now i'm trying to get a STEM degree and enjoy the arts when i don't know the basic histories or simple mechanics of my world
>>
>>8426316
It wasn't knowledge in the sense that he picked it up by osmosis or anything. If you read his letters you'll see that most of it was extensive research or firsthand experience. There's a reason he only wrote five books.
>>
>>8426346
I wonder how well read he actually was because the Gaddis website makes lots of references to his library where he's just chosen very selective bits from the books he was using from research, sometimes as little as a sentence or a page. Still interesting to think about how his mind worked that he could think of something and go find a very specific piece of info to weave into his writing.
>>
>>8426306
what the fuck is ywn
>>
>>8426433
>ywn understand simple acronyms

kys
>>
>>8426377
I saw that the website missed a pretty obvious allusion to The Stranger in A Frolic of His Own, so there's no telling what else isn't there.
>>
>>8426443
Pretty sure the website is just one guy, so probably.
>>
Gaddis gives off the same aura of genius as Nabokov. Their works feel so painstakingly crafted and overwrought. What they did was less composition and more engineering.
>>
>>8426433
You will never
>tfw you can never be a newfag again
>>
>>8426306
>ywn be able to satirize your enemies without looking like a snarky manchild
Really don't see that Gaddis succeeded here. The very beginning of part II in the Recognitions is rife with it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.