[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently it's a common thing for readers to lie and say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1461787813167.jpg (44KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
1461787813167.jpg
44KB, 680x765px
Apparently it's a common thing for readers to lie and say they've read books they haven't read, but does anyone lie and say they've never read books they have read?

I do this a lot because I'm pretty stupid and don't know how to get original ideas from books and stuff, so I always embarass myself when I talk about books because I don't know how to discuss them and sometimes I get things wrong and it seems like everyone is 10 times better at discussing books than me.

It's more preferable that I just say I haven't read a certain book and have them think me a simple pleb than if I say I have read the book, talk about it like an idiot, and then they think I'm a try-hard pseud.
>>
>>8426077
>it seems like everyone is 10 times better at discussing books than me.

Where the fuck do you live? Because I want to move there.
>>
>>8426371
Lol this

Either he lives in some bored Icelandic village with great education or is an honest guy surrounded by posturing pseuds
>>
>>8426412
>honest guy surrounded by posturing pseuds
Could be a good sitcom if the guy doesn't have a clue everyone is a pseud and really tries to become an intellectual until he actually succeeds and realises
>>
>>8426371
I live in a uni town, so it could be that people are just more educated. I didn't have good enough grades to go to uni because I'm dumb.

>>8426412
I do I know if they're pseuds or not?
>>
I had an idea once for a story about a millennial who takes a creative writing class, is asked who his favorite author is, then falls into crisis as he slowly realizes that he has never actually read a book to completion, and all of his knowledge of literature comes from Wikipedia and Simpsons parodies.
The twist is that the story takes place in the modern day.
>>
>>8426567
Oh, and I guess following up with something relevant to the thread: my point is that in today's world, not only are the plots of famous works commonly known, but also the most common interpretations and criticisms. Anyone who has even heard of Cien aƱos de soledad will be able to remark that Macondo is a microcosm of Colombian history, a unique and profound insight that is likely to awe the room.
>>
>>8426606
>Macondo is a microcosm of Colombian history
Marquez the ultimate hack
Scientist are baffled in this man's ability to do plagiarism and get away with a nobel prize!
>>
>>8426515
There a copy pasta where this happens. I think it's about finnegans wake
>>
>>8426077
Are you a grill?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.