[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/. I'm fluent in both Spanish and English, my question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: jorge-luis-borges_01[1].jpg (16KB, 263x310px) Image search: [Google]
jorge-luis-borges_01[1].jpg
16KB, 263x310px
Hey /lit/. I'm fluent in both Spanish and English, my question is, out of those two, which language works better for books translated from Russian, German and/or French?
Happy Borges not completely related.
>>
Same question here, except English and German
>>
>>8424576
>German
That's a no-brainer, go for English, it's the closest.
>Russian, French
Don't know about Russian, but with Spanish being a much poorer version of French in terms of vocabulary, despite the latin kinship, I'd go with English.
>>
>>8424576
Portuguese, english and ching chong speaker here. I read borges in portuguese, lost a bunch in translation but was enjoyable. For german and french I'd go with english. (Otheer romance languages don't help understanding french past recognizing a few words, nobody really understands the french.) and I have a copy of "The Call of The Cosmos" here that is in english and it isn't too bad in english. So for Russian I'd still go with english.
>>
You should go with English, because America is the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>8425367
is there anything more cucked than for a country to speak the language of another country? looking at you too, south america.
>>
>>8424576
Latim languages work very well between them, so for Portuguese, Italian and French go with Spanish, its a no-brainer

For german go with english, the approach is easier

For russian, I dunno, read in your main language I guess
>>
>>8425336
>Spanish being a much poorer version of French in terms of vocabulary, despite the latin kinship, I'd go with English.
thats probably the most retarded thing I've read in /lit/
>>
>>8425375
>cucked
>>
>>8425429
It's true tho, the words you got from the arabs don't make up for the lack of nuance
>>
>>8425451
ok confess I was wrong, this is the most retarded thing I've read
>>
>>8425367
I actually unironically agree with this

t. Non-American
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.